Thread: Lets hear it ; What is your Favorite PRS model and why

Lets hear it ; What is your Favorite PRS model and why

This is a tough one because I haevn't played every model there is but for the ones that I have I would have to go with sig right now. The flexibility in tones and switching system for getting them is pretty good setup. I think the pickups definately have almost a Hi-Def sound to them , very clear but still can get that low that you sometime want to have . Any thoughts ?
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

I have had several and would choose a P22 with a RW neck with two amps. It just has so many voices ...
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

PRS Custom 22 tremolo. Love the smoked orange but it looks carmel to me.

HFS Lover
    Cu24 w HFS/Vbass/Rotor/Sweet Switch/Regular neck/trem... I mostly play classic rock and blues. The pickups are really great and can actually cover a tremendous amount of ground sonically, especially with the rotor switching. I NEVER use a standard tone control and find a sweet switch more interesting... I usually play with it engaged... I have small hands and the regular carve fits me better, the depth of the neck feels 'right' and the slightly narrower nut helps. I also prefer the way my hand falls relative to the bridge as opposed to on a 22 fret model and the better access to higher frets even when not utilizing the highest. I always hear people grouse about the tone difference between the neck pup on a 24 fret as opposed to 22 fret, frankly, that is the least of my concerns. Besides, I find that using a VERY stiff pick ( I uses 0.8mm Stainless Steal) and varying picking technique gives a tremendous amount of tonal color, so much so that I rarely go to the neck pup unless I am playing clean.

Favorite??? Oooffff... that's a tough one.

Today? BRW McCarty.

Tomorrow? Might be my Westy, SAS, or 12 -string again. That's why I started --->THIS<--- thread.
    One Life

Damn Hans I just can't keep up. I guess I should have looked a little but thats part of my problem I just roll before thinking or looking sometimes

Thanks everyone for input . Love to hear it

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

I've been playing PRSes for 21 years, and have owned a bunch. My favorite PRS of all time is the SC 58 (and its stablemate, the Stripped 58).

I probably get more utility out of my Artist V, because it does so many things well, but the new singlecut models are the voice I hear in my head on electric guitar.

Private Stock Sig - I have two and they're the best guitars I've ever played. I've just got back from gigging #41 tonight, where it covered every guitar tone I needed with ease - single coils to full 'buckers.

I have no need for anything else.

Custom 22 with tremolo in smoked orange. Mine looks looks carmel colored. Do not like the stuff made in the Pacific Rim made from any manufacturer.

Today is the CE24. Tomorrow who knows!?
    BDR-529

DGT Club Vice President
    DeeGeeTee.

Dos volumes

Grande fretarskis

Badassery-amos

mgd

DGTs

Really tough question. I honestly haven`t played a PRS model I didn't think I would like! That said, my two number 1's are OG singlecut's.....so I am going with that model. I can't really point to anything specific; they just work really well for the music that I play, which is predominantly in the metal/punk/hard rock side of the musical scale.

11 Top's SC Sig with the cool stripe...seriously...my favorite guitar I have ever played.
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

I really love Custom 24s but with 3 way and push pull and 57/08s or something other than the VB/HFST.... I made the move from a rotary to a 3 way/push pull thanks to a PRS drop in and it made my PRS life MUCH better. I'm used to a 3 way. That said, I could dig a blade, just not a rotary.

You'd think I'd go for a 22 fret model since I come from playing Les Pauls (my choice of "other" guitars), SGs, Strats, and Teles but I love the feel of the scale on the CU24.

That said, because I'm also comfortable with 22 fret guitars I think I want to try several other models (Studio, Signature, and DGT are the ones I'm really interested in).
    Last edited by prsrocker1988; 07-23-2012 at 06:05 PM.

I haven't played a studio or DGT yet but they are definately on my list. I can however speak on the siggy's and custom 22"s and ever since I got my sig it has been my go to especially for gigs. I think its alot easier just flipping a switch when wanting to coil tap as opposed to trying to pull up on the tone knob