Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: grover 406c locking mini rotmatics

Are there any other drop-in locking tuner options fo the SEs? I'm one of the minority that doesn't care for the small buttons on the 406 tuners. Also, is there a Black Tusq XL nut that's a direct drop-in on the SEs? I've looked on their site but that didn't really help?
    Last edited by mookyshoots; 08-26-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Yes to both. Schaller makes the M6 mini locking tuners that are drop in replacements. Get the exact needed measurements before ordering because some sites have confusing information.

PRS has replacements nuts that are pre-slotted and a drop in replacement. Your favorite PRS dealer has them or they're available via the PRS website.

When you guys say "Drop in" nut replacement, does that mean there is absolutely no sanding involved? I'm thinking about doing this myself, and it would be my very first time ever replacing a nut on a guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    When you guys say "Drop in" nut replacement, does that mean there is absolutely no sanding involved? I'm thinking about doing this myself, and it would be my very first time ever replacing a nut on a guitar.
    Most nuts come pre-cut, but they are really only "roughed in", you will still need to do the fine tuning. If you aren't familiar with installing a nut, you might want to seek a professional tech. A poorly installed nut can make a great guitar play very badly. But on the other hand, you'll never learn unless you do. Just be prepared to trash out a few nuts if things go awry

Just an observation -- these SEs really look great, guys!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...