Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delete That Song!

Blister In The Sun
    Layla
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Old Time Rock and Roll

Anything by Nirvana, Submlime, Def Leppard, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Kings of Leon

Any Metallica after Master of Puppets
    You're never too old for tater tots.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    "Everything from the Hip hop community"?!!?? Surely you jest.

I see you, and raise you the Beatles, Eagles, and Bob Dylan.... and Guns-n-Roses.
    Surely you jest.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuitars View Post
    Surely you jest.
    I do, about the Beatles.

I've been singing "No More Walks In The Woods" in my head all day. I lovez me some Eagles.
    One Life

Smile

hippy.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    hippy.
    I'll have you know that I have never worn patchouli a day in my life.
    One Life

Anything by Coldplay, Fergie and/or Black Eyed Peas (especially their crime against humanity of a halftime show at the Super Bowl), Kesha, Sean Paul (most annoying voice I've ever heard and never understood), Avril Lavigne, Give Me Everything by Pitbull, Dynamite by Taio Cruz, and any other song that proclaims anything to the effect of "I was like uhh" or "throw your hands in the air" and similar nonsense. Free Falling by Tom Petty, and +1 for whoever previously mentioned all the one-hit-wonder rap and R&B artists. WHEW. Bad thread for me to even open, I live directly above the most popular bar in my area of Boston and let me tell you, I've heard a few songs more than once, pounding through my walls...

Also, "Your Body is a Wonderland" by John Mayer, but I do love all his stuff since Continuum, and he probably never would've gotten where he is without that song... well played John. Well played.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    Anything by Coldplay, Fergie and/or Black Eyed Peas (especially their crime against humanity of a halftime show at the Super Bowl), Kesha, Sean Paul (most annoying voice I've ever heard and never understood), Avril Lavigne, Give Me Everything by Pitbull, Dynamite by Taio Cruz, and any other song that proclaims anything to the effect of "I was like uhh" or "throw your hands in the air" and similar nonsense.
    Yes, yes, YES! Total agreement here.

Goldtop
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

Thanks Goldtop. Ran across this just now on Facebook and couldn't resist... I think it sums things up pretty well.

-I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    I'll have you know that I have never worn patchouli a day in my life.
    Granola.

I find myself wondering how much overlap there is between this list and the top 25 albums list.

Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    Thanks Goldtop. Ran across this just now on Facebook and couldn't resist... I think it sums things up pretty well.

Does it ever! Beautiful! Thanks for posting that.

Goldtop
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    Does it ever! Beautiful! Thanks for posting that.

Goldtop
    Well, then again there was, "How Much Is That Doggy In The Window," "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini," "Rag Mop," "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer," and other such classics that charted during the Sinatra years. And um...he didn't write his own lyrics.

We tend to look back with rose-colored glasses at the "good old days." Fact is, there's always been good stuff (still is) and there's always been junk.

And no one ever agrees on which is which..

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I had a nice date with the wife this evening but the bar was playing the WORST music.

It got us thinking about songs or even artists we wish we could "never EVER hear again."

On my list:
    2 Princes - Spin Doctors
    Walking on the Sun - Smash Mouth
    How Bizarre - OMC
    Pretty much everything from the Hip hop community

What would you delete forever if you had the power?
    I like Two Princes. HATE...Jewel! YUCK. Beck, Danzig(and associated garbage acts of that genre), Bjork, The Cranberries, 10,000 Maniacs and U2, David Bowie(especially "Dancing In The Streets" w/Mick Jagger) Pinball Wizard, anything by Jethro Tull, a lot of '80's garbage, The Band, Black Magic Woman/Oya Como Va, Cocaine.
    Last edited by tabl10s; 09-08-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Banned
    Anything by Neil Young that has Nicolette Larson, Pearl Jam, the Blue Notes or a CD title with the words "Prairie" or "Harvest Moon" in it.

Which, truth be told.....and in all fairness...only represents about 1/1,000 of his catalog. Neil's Rockin' in the free World! Like a Hurricane!!

deus ex machina
    Let's start with several bar band standards.

Keep Your Hands to Yourself
    Gimme Three Steps
    Play The Funky Music
    Brown Eyed Girl
    Old Time Rock and Roll

Let's add anything by the Foo Fighters (I want the money and the forty-eight minutes of my life back that I wasted on "Wasting Light"), Nirvana, all hip-hop (which isn't technically music because it does not contain harmony or melody), pretty boy Nashville pop, and 99% of the heavier rock that has been recorded since 2000. I like Tim's idea of retiring CCR and Def Leppard. However, Def Leppard is one of my wife's favorite bands, so I am stuck listening to their music in her car.

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tabl10s View Post
    I like Two Princes.
    I like Two Princes too. (and let the stoning begin...)

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Anything by Neil Young that has Nicolette Larson, Pearl Jam, the Blue Notes or a CD title with the words "Prairie" or "Harvest Moon" in it.
    I was under the impression it was Neil Young who destroyed Pearl Jam's carrier, inspiring them to be folkier and folkier, so now we have Eddie Vedder playing the ukulele on his solo album. Scary.

Back to the subject, I hate almost everything that smells like mainstream (the Coldplay mentioned above are driving me crazy), but at the same time I love pop passages in extreme metal...
    And Gotye's "Somebody that I used to know" is making me wanna tear my head off. Or anyone's head, doesn't matter.
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Man, I hate Chris Cornell's cover of "Billie Jean"...
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

just about every post in this thread made me go

Anything from that scumbag woman beater Chris Brown
    I really detest that man and I don't think he should be enjoying fame and fortune. If we deleted his songs then he would be broke and then if he beats another woman he would get treated like anyone else would