Thread: 1986 Serial Numbers

Banned

1986 Serial Numbers

I think I have found the 1986 PRS with the highest serial number. If you go to customer service, their records indicate that the '87's began "around serial number 1700". Well, I have two that exceed that number, and one of them is well into the 1800's....1847 to be exact. What appears to be unusual is that both the pickup cavity and the headstock reflect the 1986 date....yet, I have seen '87's with lower serial numbers.

I will post my collection of 1986 PRSi....the complete set....2 Customs, 2 "pre-Standards", each with birds and moons.

Can anyone cite/post/reference an '86 with a higher serial number??

None of those sweet switch washer thingies are correct, so they're all forgeries. Too bad!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    None of those sweet switch washer thingies are correct, so they're all forgeries. Too bad!
    I keep a supply of dozens of SLOTTED washers in my basement; usually I can forge at least one "pre-91" CU24 a week if I'm on a roll.

Loving the white one.
    PRS Navarro Custom 24, PRS SE One, Gibson R7, Gibson Classic, Gibson SG, EBMM JP6, ESP Eclipse I, Fender Kotzen Tele, Fender Billy Corgan, Fender 1970 Jazzmaster,Fender Standard Series Strat 2000 ,Fender Jagmaster, Fender J Mascis , Squire J Mascis, Squire Hello Kitty pink, Ibanez RG560, Ibanez RG550/JEM, Yamaha TVL, Burny Custom, Custom Tele, Mesa Loestar Special 2x12, Jet City 50H and matching cab, Peavey Classic 20 and a ton of other stuff....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stonevibe View Post
    Loving the white one.
    Thanks. Yeah...it's only 1 model year, birds, an Iron Cross, and about 30,000 hours of play time away from being mistaken for Frankie's "Casper"

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Thanks. Yeah...it's only 1 model year, birds, an Iron Cross, and about 30,000 hours of play time away from being mistaken for Frankie's "Casper"
    Oh and that is also one very cool guitar as well.
    PRS Navarro Custom 24, PRS SE One, Gibson R7, Gibson Classic, Gibson SG, EBMM JP6, ESP Eclipse I, Fender Kotzen Tele, Fender Billy Corgan, Fender 1970 Jazzmaster,Fender Standard Series Strat 2000 ,Fender Jagmaster, Fender J Mascis , Squire J Mascis, Squire Hello Kitty pink, Ibanez RG560, Ibanez RG550/JEM, Yamaha TVL, Burny Custom, Custom Tele, Mesa Loestar Special 2x12, Jet City 50H and matching cab, Peavey Classic 20 and a ton of other stuff....