Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the official forum

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Welcome! Glad to ce the love

I miss that model a lot to be honest, some people really dig bolt ons and I was one of them!
    I owned a Custom long before a CE, but since I bought my first CE in`90 I've been a huge fan. It had that certain something the Custom didn't, maybe it was a little more sparkle in the upper mids and top end that I really liked. Whatever it is, it's a formula that works for me. I do limit my love to the alder and alder/maple guitars as the mahogany CEs do not appeal to me. I understand all the reasons for switching to mahogany I just don't like what it did for the model. Yes I love the lowly CE, what a great guitar and I'm amazed there are still people that are snobs when it comes to any guitar without a set neck, I just don't understand it.

I wish you had joined when I posted this, I think this thread should have lasted longer.
    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...-CE24-amp-22-s

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I wish you had joined when I posted this, I think this thread should have lasted longer.
    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...-CE24-amp-22-s
    After reading that thread of yours I can see Sergio that you are a man after my own heart. Alder CEs just rock! Ironically though the CE I'm currently playing the most is a hog body with a cedar top, so I guess I should be practicing what I preach. :big grin: I'm having so much fun with this guitar (with its Ed King pup arrangement, trem uprouting, and exotic wood) that it's hard to put it down.

Quote Originally Posted by CE-man View Post
    After reading that thread of yours I can see Sergio that you are a man after my own heart. Alder CEs just rock! Ironically though the CE I'm currently playing the most is a hog body with a cedar top, so I guess I should be practicing what I preach. :big grin: I'm having so much fun with this guitar (with its Ed King pup arrangement, trem uprouting, and exotic wood) that it's hard to put it down.
    The other PRS I have been cheating with doesn't have the same pedigree as yours does, it's all good!

Conifer Bliss.....here's a pic of my `91 CE-24 employees guitar (cedar) next to a `91 Custom 24 (redwood). These guitars are incredibly resonant and are acoustically the loudest among all of my guitars. I love the tones of both of these guitars, the CE-24 still has more twang and excels on single coil sounds while the Custom is a great mix of humbucker grind and growl. The picture doesn't do justice to either one of these guitars, the tops are beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by CE-man View Post
    More CEs on my couch.....

a beautiful `89 CE, nice flamey top

a nicely figured `90 CE

I was just looking on ebay for my next (and probably last) CE and was disappointed by what I couldn't find. I had to revisit your post to find a little visual reaffirmation not to settle, great looking guitars CE-man!