Thread: trying to find pics of what " vintage burst really looks like

trying to find pics of what " vintage burst really looks like

I'm thinking about buying a stripped 58 in what is vintage burst but when I try to look up more examples of the color I am finding some very drastic differances. I went PRS website and they don't even have the color listed for stripped 58's. I know that all the colors aren't gonna be exactly the same but I would think they are going to be close.
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Old (`90) guitar but I don't think the formula is any different....vintage burst.

Actually, that '90 is vintage cherry burst. The vintage burst that was offered on the Stripped 58 (I had one) is actually not very red, it's more subtle around the edges; imagine a McCarty burst with a very slight touch of brownish-red it and you have the idea.

Here's what I have on me right now:

That first image has always given me trouble. I'm not sure if a color profile got screwed up in our editing along the way or what, but I've had multiple complaints about it.

Thanks all for the help. I will keep you informed 8-)

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Actually, that '90 is vintage cherry burst. The vintage burst that was offered on the Stripped 58 (I had one) is actually not very red, it's more subtle around the edges; imagine a McCarty burst with a very slight touch of brownish-red it and you have the idea.
    This is a picture of the pickup cavity...so is the new vintage sunburst a different finish?

There is a finish called " vintage burst " where what you have in your pickup cavity is " vintage sunburst ". its definately differant finishes

Quote Originally Posted by south89 View Post
    There is a finish called " vintage burst " where what you have in your pickup cavity is " vintage sunburst ". its definately differant finishes
    I see, I thought burst and sunburst were the same thing and perhaps the only thing different was 20 years of age. Sorry I was of no help.

Its all good any information is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CE-man View Post
    I see, I thought burst and sunburst were the same thing and perhaps the only thing different was 20 years of age. Sorry I was of no help.
    No worries, and I had one just like that '90 that I bought in 1991. My first PRS, and I loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    No worries, and I had one just like that '90 that I bought in 1991. My first PRS, and I loved it!
    Yeah, I'm pretty fond of the color myself. The first CE I bought was Vintage Sunburst, now I have three with that finish.

Here is a pic of my Vintage Burst NF3.

Here is what I came up with