Thread: Pete Loeffler (Chevelle) Signature Model Possibly?

Pete Loeffler (Chevelle) Signature Model Possibly?

Not sure how many Chevelle fans there are here, but Chevelle's Pete Loeffler replied to someone yesterday on twitter that he currently is in talks with PRS for a model. They have made him some custom guitars in the past, most notably a white baritone with a single humbucker and the bands medic logo for inlays. I thought it looked and sounded great as well. Pete is more known however for using a Custom 24 in Gold. Though the band plays mainly in Drop tunings (Drop C, Drop B, and even A) it would be cool if they released a baritone signature for him. Lord knows PRS probably has the most popular baritone with the Mike Mushok SE so another one would only help.
    Any other fans, thoughts?

SFL Onstage - My New Publication SFL Onstage 'Like' us on Facebook
    PRS McCarty Hollowbody, PRS Custom 24
    Mesa/Boogie Rectifier -> Rectifier Cabs -> Boss Tuner -> Modded Tremonti Wah -> DOD Gonkulator -> T-Rex Tremonti Phase Shifter -> Boss Digital Delay -> EHX POG -> eBow

Huge Chevelle fan here. Pete is actually the one that convinced me to not get a Mark V, so I stuck with my IV. A sig would be awesome.

Oh and he has a gold baritone too that's pretty sick.
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Huge Chevelle fan here. Pete is actually the one that convinced me to not get a Mark V, so I stuck with my IV. A sig would be awesome.

Oh and he has a gold baritone too that's pretty sick.
    Always nice to see a fellow fan I didn't realize he had a gold baritone as well.
    Mark IV is definitely a better amp than the V. I use it when I play Chevelle stuff and that amp is definitely the key to their tone.
    Mesa/Boogie Rectifier -> Rectifier Cabs -> Boss Tuner -> Modded Tremonti Wah -> DOD Gonkulator -> T-Rex Tremonti Phase Shifter -> Boss Digital Delay -> EHX POG -> eBow

Feast like a sultan, I do QueenCityGuitars's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solacematt View Post
    I definitely dig the single humbucker/single volume/tremolo look.

Ive always loved Chevelle, and Pete as well. Pete has always supported PRS to the max and I think he deserves it as much as anyone. To be honest, I felt it was kind of a snub against him when Mike Mushok was given a signature. Pete has been playing PRSi baritones for years, and actually played PRS where as Mike was an Ibanez user for years, had an Ibanez signature model and walked right into a PRS sig.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Ive always loved Chevelle, and Pete as well. Pete has always supported PRS to the max and I think he deserves it as much as anyone. To be honest, I felt it was kind of a snub against him when Mike Mushok was given a signature. Pete has been playing PRSi baritones for years, and actually played PRS where as Mike was an Ibanez user for years, had an Ibanez signature model and walked right into a PRS sig.
    Mike Mushok is to PRS as Chad Kroeger is to Gibson per se It really didn't make any sense for PRS to just give Mushok a custom guitar. It was nice to see him smarten up from Ibanez to PRS though. Talk about an upgrade

deus ex machina
    Quote Originally Posted by solacematt View Post
    It was nice to see him smarten up from Ibanez to PRS though. Talk about an upgrade
    I wouldn't be so quick to "dis" Ibanez. My #1 up until very recently was a '92 S540. I acquired and sold many high-end guitars after acquiring my S540 new in 1992, including a '95 Annapolis Shop PRS Standard 24 that I purchased new in 1995. While Ibanez does produce a lot of budget-oriented axes in Korea, their Japanese-made guitars are pro-quality instruments. They did not become the premier guitar manufacturer in the late eighties by producing junk.

(Serial number beginning with "F" were made by FugiGen Gakki)

I'd agree, I'd rather see a Pete baritone than MM, for the reasons stated above. But, I have a hard time seeing 2 baritones on the market, unless one is not an SE. But I don't think there's a big market for that.

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    PRS aligns with "newer" metal guys a lot so a Pete Sig would make sense. Should definitely be an SE. I was somewhat surprised the Chris Henderson was a MiM guitar.

Chevelle sound good and all but they seem to be very derivative of Tool to my ears. YMMV...