OK, so on a previous post I said I had a little trouble resisting...it won. VERY impressed with this new SE. If I had one of these a few months back, I may have saved some money
1) The single coil sounds on here are EXCELLENT - the closest thing I have to compare it to is my Mira Maple Top, and I like these better - they are thicker and have more bite. The bridge split is significantly crisper and much more usable than the Mira's.
2) Humbucker sounds are great as well - I like the bridge sounds better on the 245 and Santana, but the middle is sweet. This sounds noticeably better than the 2010 SECU24 I recently sold.
3) Neck is really damn close to the feel of my older Maryland STD24...REALLY close (but action from factory was a bit too high for my taste, will be lowering it a tad shortly.
4) Pots are much looser than on any of my other SEs - not quite Maryland, but much closer in feel.
5) The top is actually really nice and interesting looking for a veneer - one of the better SE tops I have seen.
6) Fit and finish are also excellent - I have not seen an SE without a little unevenness to the spray on the headstock where the nut sits, and this one has a bit. Otherwise, except for a small scratch in the edge of the headstock, it's perfect (even a little nicer than the one I saw in the store).
7) That slight carve on the top really makes it feel alot closer to an American PRS when it's in your lap - it's just plain nicer, makes it look and feel a whole class better than the 2010 I had.
So, in case you didn't surmise, I am duly impressed with this new SE, and I would encourage anyone who digs some single coil in with your doubles to take a look. Pic is below, and I will post more playing impressions over the next few days: