Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Fake Chinese PRS vs USA PRS vs SE PRS vs Dean Hardtail Shootout

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Junior Member MrKnaggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18
    Haven't seen it. Will have a look.

    Thanks.

  3. #3
    PRS Addiction CoreyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Auburn, WA. USA
    Posts
    3,043
    He pretty much says the three cheaper ones sound the same since all the pickups were changed to be the same, but the Chinese one does not play very well.
    The SE one wins for the cheaper of the three.

    I like the SE models, I got the Santana in June, and I have the new SE Custom 24 on order from my local store.

  4. #4
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,899
    For the record, there are no "Chinese Made" PRS guitars. We build guitars in Maryland USA and our SE models are made in Korea. Anything coming from China is NOT a genuine PRS guitar, it's a cheap knock-off.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    784
    I hate copies. Inspired by, ok, but copies sucks. I refuse to spend anytime watching, testing or anything like that on those guys. I am talking about medicine, cars, phones and of course guitars.
    So, I just got an SE Nick Catanese that was hot rodded by PRS Special Ops guys (aka PTC) and man, that guitar does not looks, sound nor plays like a cheap guitar. I just love it as much as I like my Maryland made ones. Just a different beast.

  7. #7
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Yep, its a fake, and they are getting good at copying Gibson's too.

    They are not good at copying anything. However, they are 1000 times over the biggest abusers of fraud in the entire World.
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  8. #8
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,738
    The change in tone from beanie to baseball hat has changed my outlook forever.

  9. #9
    Senior Member clcwarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    296

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    They are not good at copying anything. However, they are 1000 times over the biggest abusers of fraud in the entire World.
    Especially with computer software that was researched and developed in the US.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    DC Metro/'Burbs
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    The change in tone from beanie to baseball hat has changed my outlook forever.
    Ha!

    Yeah...the hat thing there is a bit douchey!


  11. #11
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,879
    We would really be in trouble if we didn't have Big Broyher watching out for us!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2
    Old thread revival warning

    My thoughts on this is: START MAKING SE LEFTIES YA SNOBS! Otherwise, I will be supporting the Chinese market knock offs, I really have no other choice

    Spare me the Custom 22/24 model(s)

  13. #13
    PRS Addiction CoreyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Auburn, WA. USA
    Posts
    3,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver View Post
    Old thread revival warning

    My thoughts on this is: START MAKING SE LEFTIES YA SNOBS! Otherwise, I will be supporting the Chinese market knock offs, I really have no other choice

    Spare me the Custom 22/24 model(s)
    Anyone who supports buying fake copies should have a thousand fleas infest their shorts.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Anyone who supports buying fake copies should have a thousand fleas infest their shorts.
    The same goes for those high on their horse rejecting to acknowledge the left handed population; as small as it may be.

    Make a left-handed SE model and I'll be the 1st in line to purchase one. No excuses. Until then, those left-out lefties will be getting their supply from the market willing and able to take one's money without prejudice

  15. #15
    Junior Member alphasports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Montreal CAN
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Yep, its a fake, and they are getting good at copying Gibson's too.
    Not too difficult to do these days IMO... maybe Gibby could learn a thing or two from the Chinese copiers?!!!
    -----------------------------
    PRS Mira Mapletop ('08 core)
    PRS CE24
    Collings D2HVNSB

  16. #16
    Member kes7u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Shorewood, MN
    Posts
    143
    I reject the left-handed population and refuse to acknowledge their existence. Their small numbers gives them little voting clout, and thus gives me the right to stomp all over them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver View Post
    The same goes for those high on their horse rejecting to acknowledge the left handed population; as small as it may be.

    Make a left-handed SE model and I'll be the 1st in line to purchase one. No excuses. Until then, those left-out lefties will be getting their supply from the market willing and able to take one's money without prejudice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •