Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BMF Version 3.0

A Floyd would have been cool, no doubt. TOM bridge too! But if I'm going to try and reclaim the tone of BMF v1, the standard stoptail is the winner.

Perhaps the next one!
    One Life

Awesome! I'm a tinkerer by nature and this really appeals, cant wait to see this one unfold!

Making progress

So new studs have been installed and the bridge test-fitted

Also, the route for the lipstick(!) pickup has been completed

KICK ASS!!!
    One Life

That is some impressive work going on right there. Thanks for the updates from inside PTC Shawn. Hans I bet the anxiety of waiting is a killer but it looks like it will be well worth it.
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Quote Originally Posted by south89 View Post
    That is some impressive work going on right there. Thanks for the updates from inside PTC Shawn. Hans I bet the anxiety of waiting is a killer but it looks like it will be well worth it.
    I have 3 guitars at the factory right now. And... a 4th being built.

Keeping a handful guitars THERE is a fun way to make it look like there are fewer guitars HERE.

Besides, I love sending things to the PTC and asking them to do whatever they want to do. It's always better than I could have imagined it myself.

Exhibit A: Mushok Baritone with Tremonti pups and Ghost Piezo system. This is one of the coolest guitars I've ever played. The 3-way blade gives me full Treble pup, full bass pup, or bass pup with a filter cap of some sort. The Piezo system has two modes: Dreadnaught and Jumbo body. I can even blend them from the same output jack - or run them to separate amps (1 Acoustic & 1 Electric). I'm sure there's more than I'm forgetting. It even has an LED! That's a heavy metal requirement.

Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ; 09-28-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    One Life

Thats pretty damn cool guitar Hans . Now you got me thinking about sending my custom 22 crackwood into PTC and maybe get it refinished to show off the wood a little better.

Its the blue one in the bottom right corner of this pic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Quote Originally Posted by south89 View Post
    Thats pretty damn cool guitar Hans . Now you got me thinking about sending my custom 22 crackwood into PTC and maybe get it refinished to show off the wood a little better.

Its the blue one in the bottom right corner of this pic
    Did you see what they did to 3-Mike's blue guitar?

Jump to post #48 in the attached thread: http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=piezo
    One Life

Ha yea I did see that Thats another reason why I have been thinking about it. I think I have to be patient though because I am waiting on a 408 with a rosie neck and gotta pay for that first

Then I will have to contact Shawn and see what I am going to have to sell to make that happen

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Besides, I love sending things to the PTC and asking them to do whatever they want to do. It's always better than I could have imagined it myself.

I think I'm going to do that with one of mine, it sounds like fun...

BMF Version 3.0 will have two pickups now, so it will need some sort of pickup selector switch. Hans has allowed us full creative freedom on project so it was decided to add a toggle switch on the upper bout.

Skitchy routed out the cavity by hand. Is that clean or what?

And the crresponding hole on the top of the guitar.

It will now go to basecoat to start the finish process.

HORAYYYY!!!

So Shawn, I gotta ask... did the PS guys squawk when you swiped a chunk of their Korina for an SE? I'm guessing it was the only Korina in the factory.
    One Life

Base coat has been sprayed and sanded.

Now ready for color coat.

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    So, how much is the "do whatever the heck you want" service at the PTC? Could be just what the doctor ordered for my SE Santana...

If you have to ask, you probably can't afford it.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Sinner View Post
    So, how much is the "do whatever the heck you want" service at the PTC? Could be just what the doctor ordered for my SE Santana...
    We can do as much or as little as you like. Just drop me a line with your ideas and we can start the discussion.

INCOMING!!!
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    INCOMING!!!
    Ya mon!! Can't wait to see the finished product!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

BMF Version 3 is here and it is KILLER. Thank you Shawn and Skitchy! The finish is simply flawless and the truss rod cover is a classy touch (thank you, Paul).

The lipstick pup sounds even better than I thought it would. It's perfect! When the volume pot is pulled, it puts the 2 pickups out of phase and gets super funk tones! The 3-way toggle just looks like it was always there. I think I'll probably swap the Artist pup for a Starla before it's all over with but I am really taken aback by how well that giant hole was plugged.

Full tone report coming soon.

The waves in the glare is the texture of the ceiling in my living room.

One Life

Oh yeah... it also came with a key chain! That Skitchy is a funny Mutha[shut-tch'o-mouth]!

One Life