Thread: 59/09's in a Singlecut?

59/09's in a Singlecut?

Anyone tried it? Thinking of swapping out the pickups in my Akesson SE to make a tone monster out of her. The SE 245 pu's are very nice, but I love the 57/08 vibe, and wouldn't mind the extra power of the 59/09's. Alternatively, anyone have an opinion on a 59/09 with a 53/10 in the neck? I would think the 59/09 would be a tad too hot to blend with the 53/10, but it would be a nice combo for my style if they meshed.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

I would think any US PRS pickup would improve it
    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

53/10 is pretty sweet in the neck position. I had one paired with a 57/08 in my SC and it sounded pretty great. Not sure how it would pair with a 59/09 since you'd be pairing the highest and lowest output pickups of the 5#/## series but they all sound great to my ear so it's hard to go wrong. I like the 53/10 in a darker sounding guitar.
    Gear: Fender, PRS, Orange, Budda

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Could work out pretty well. Pairing a hotter bridge pup with a more classic sounding neck pup has always been my preffered option in most guitars. Just need to make sure you set the pup heights right for the best balance.

Willcutt has a limited run os SC58's speced with 57/08's in the neck and 59/09's in the bridge if memory serves. They seem to like the pairing.
    2013 LP R9 VOS
    2012 P22, IRW
    2013 SG Standard VOS
    Suhr PT 100 Amp, Forte 212 Cab
    Marshall Vintage Modern and SL5, Fishman Loudbox