Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "New" 408?

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    All right guys, quit this off topic nonsense. Let's get back to discussing the 3-Mike-7.

Quote Originally Posted by crgtr View Post
    I do know that the "H" sounds different now. I like it!
    Different how?

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Different how?
    Better definition. More focused cleans and gains. It is a monster now. I played NOS and new version back to back and it killed the original. imo. Doug made it a tone monster!!!!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Albrecht Smuten View Post
    All right guys, quit this off topic nonsense. Let's get back to discussing the 3-Mike-7.
    I'll be buying one! I wonder what color options we will see. I also wonder about the bridge. Trem? Stoptail?
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by crgtr View Post
    Better definition. More focused cleans and gains. It is a monster now. I played NOS and new version back to back and it killed the original. imo. Doug made it a tone monster!!!!
    This is awesome to hear!! I am FINALLY going to play my new one this week with the band! Will report back on how I liked it...

I will have an NGD there as well, it will be like Christmas!
    Ted Club President

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Not that I would dare to discourage you from fulfilling your dream of world amp domination, my lord, but it has been suggested that there are things that the -ahem- commoners do in their huts, and these things may help you until you are able to achieve complete conquest and thereby fulfill your dream of becoming perhaps even more mighty than The Destroyer:

Some of the commoners, the ones with the more filthy habits no doubt, actually use a - ahem - white grease pencil to mark the spots. I know this is impossible for you, as are small stickers on the surface of the face plate of the amp, so may I suggest an alternative that might work?

Certain of these serfs will draw upon a sheet of ordinary paper, small circles to represent the knobs on the amp. After they have found an appropriate setting, they will place upon these circles a small mark. This mark designates a certain setting. They will then label this sheet of paper, after all circles have been marked, "Clean Setting." They will then cunningly reproduce upon another sheet of paper, similar circles, and lo, they will then mark said circles with a certain setting, and place upon said sheet of paper the title, "Gain Setting." And they will do this for as many settings as they have, thereby recording for posterity their favored settings! Clever subjects, are they not?

Moreover, certain of the -ahem-middle class of your subjects have acquired an electronic device capable of being carried in their pockets for voice communications that will also take photographs, almighty one! And said photographs can be taken of amp settings instead of the use of the circles and the paper!

Even more incredible, sire, is the fact that certain of these subjects have discovered that the circular control knobs on their instruments are actually capable of controlling the amount of gain that the amp produces, and realizing this, are able to use said knobs to play both clean and with higher gain upon the same settings of said amplifier!

Furthermore, certain of your subjects are able to use one of their three amps for a clean amp, and the other two for gain amps, without touching their amplifier's control knobs at all other than to set them up on any given day! Said commoners then are able to make several choices among their tones at one sitting, and among said amps, mirabile dictu, they are capable of rotating which amp between said three will be the clean amp for such day!

Les...this post killed me!!! LOL!!!!
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    Les...this post killed me!!! LOL!!!!
    Yes, Les can be quite funny when he is picking on me!!

Les - No worries, I am an easy target in that regard, and I do sincerely appreciate all the great input on so many topics that I get from you! BrianC stopped over yesterday, and we were talking about all of your great posts on the amps and cabs. So thanks, keep up the great work, and also I enjoy the entertainment of the razzing!
    Ted Club President

Quote Originally Posted by MA Pete View Post

Les - No worries, I am an easy target in that regard, and I do sincerely appreciate all the great input on so many topics that I get from you! BrianC stopped over yesterday, and we were talking about all of your great posts on the amps and cabs. So thanks, keep up the great work, and also I enjoy the entertainment of the razzing!
    Yeah Pete you're always a good sport....I've been fodder for Les in the past...it's always pretty funny what he comes up with! Especially when he embeds useful information in his monologues.
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by MA Pete View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    Yeah Pete you're always a good sport....I've been fodder for Les in the past...it's always pretty funny what he comes up with! Especially when he embeds useful information in his monologues.
    Aw, I'm not picking on folks, I always figure you and my other friends are in on the jokes!

I'm OCD too. I mean, I have an amp settings notebook fergodsakes!!! Like I couldn't remember where to put the knobs.

I'm as bad as you are. That's why I recognize the symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Aw, I'm not picking on folks, I always figure you and my other friends are in on the jokes!

I'm OCD too. I mean, I have an amp settings notebook fergodsakes!!! Like I couldn't remember where to put the knobs.

I'm as bad as you are. That's why I recognize the symptoms.

Les...I told you I love your stories....and I never have a problem with being fodder!
    -Bob

I called this one months ago back in the BaM days, that a guitar like this would be made. The 408 pickups started out in the private stock arena, then moved on the Siggy's at half the price, and now they're going to make a guitar called the "408" that is simply a Siggy but without the sinker mahogany neck, and maybe a few less accouterments.

This was and is my prediction. Just there's a model called the 513, now there'll be a 408.

We'll see what they demo. Can't wait!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ratchet View Post
    a Siggy but without the sinker mahogany neck
    I thought this had already been established .

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I'll be buying one! I wonder what color options we will see. I also wonder about the bridge. Trem? Stoptail?
    I think it'll be trem...it's billed as a se custom 24 7 string, so...that's my guess.

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Haha =) Me and my bandmate are maybe both buying one. Though I would like stoptail...
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.