Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercise routine

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © View Post
    We need to start coordinating soon, Vinnie!

Damn Hans I'll need a pair of rubber diapeers to sleep in those caves lol.... Hey any chance ur gonna be in the NYC area soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Vincenzo View Post
    Damn Hans I'll need a pair of rubber diapeers to sleep in those caves lol.... Hey any chance ur gonna be in the NYC area soon?
    You can count on it, brother. As long as "soon" is around March.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © View Post
    You can count on it, brother. As long as "soon" is around March.

Hmmm...March...
    Far enough out to potentially make plans....if you have any extra time!!!
    Last edited by Dirty Bob; 09-30-2012 at 11:18 PM.
    -Bob

I'm 57, very soon to be 58. I have a pudge and love handles I recently changed from regular coke to Mexican coke. The difference is real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

Don't let the corn lobby fool you - HFCS is EVIL. It is metabolized primarily in the liver and primarily into fat. It also has no satiety effect on thirst, in fact, some research says it actually works you in the opposite direction.

Since switching, I am down 10 lbs on a good day and I drink much less coke because it satisfies my thirst faster.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

°sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    So I've been at if for about 6 weeks now. First I started walking, then walking faster, then walking longer, then started alternating between jogging and walking. I do upper body workouts mostly just using my own body weight. i.e. pull ups, sit ups, push ups, etc. I've also cleaned up my diet and cut down on alcohol consumption. I've only lost 7.5lbs (yes I am counting that half pound too), but I've gone down two belt notches and I've gained some muscle mass in my upper body and legs. The Experience was a big set back for me (two beer trucks, what's a fella to do?) but I'm back in the saddle now and feeling good.

Let's hear from some other members. Share your stories and inspire us.
    That's a great rate of weight loss.

Last week I started using the My Fitness Pal app/site to support my wife, who wants to lose 30 lbs. I've done calorie tracking before, and it really can open your eyes. My Fitness Pal also tracks your balance of carbs, fat and protein so you can adjust your diet accordingly. Really useful to me for watching my health, since my goal is to maintain my current weight. Having/giving support increases the chance of success.

There's nothing wrong with alcohol in moderation. Just budget it into your daily calorie intake. For example, skip the dinner roll and drink a beer instead! And remember, all the activity you do earns you extra calories. I burned at least 1000 calories cycling yesterday, which more than covers a couple of beers.
    --Garrett--

Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    There's nothing wrong with alcohol in moderation. Just budget it into your daily calorie intake. For example, skip the dinner roll and drink a beer instead!
    That's funny, I do that all the time. I'll eat dinner and realize I have some calories left and I'll pop that 9% sugar bomb IPA.

And remember, all the activity you do earns you extra calories. I burned at least 1000 calories cycling yesterday, which more than covers a couple of beers.
    A buddy of mine who is a bit of a fitness nut says that drinking that beer immediately following heavy efforts is the best time to have it. Your body will take those carbs and load you up for next time instead of just wasting them.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    A buddy of mine who is a bit of a fitness nut says that drinking that beer immediately following heavy efforts is the best time to have it. Your body will take those carbs and load you up for next time instead of just wasting them.
    Ah yes, the "Golden Hour".
    --Garrett--

Quote Originally Posted by aduayer View Post
    Happy to hear that, Chef. I just need to start anything, but somehow, can't find the will to do it.
    Itís a very personal decision. But once you make up your mind and you spend a few weeks finding your rhythm, youíll be really happy you made the change

Yes, you have to take the first step. Once you get into a routine, you will look forward to it, and miss it when you can't work out. Mine is run outside (weather permitting) approximately 3 miles 4/5 times a week or 30 minutes on the treadmill I have at home. 20 minutes of bodyweight exercises every day in the morning to get my metabolism going. As I get older, the running takes its toll more but I enjoy it. I need that cartio metabolic workout now for stress relief and for me the movement is like a meditation period. I allow my mind to wander wherever it wants, and next thing I know, I'm finished!

I believe in preventative exercise.

Anything I can do to prevent exercise, works for me!

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    I believe in preventative exercise.

Anything I can do to prevent exercise, works for me!

Jamie
    Haha! My brother used to say that every time he felt the need to exercise, he'd sit down and have a cigarette until the urge passed.

That was a long time ago, though; he's since quit smoking and started getting more fit.

Last month I went a bit overboard and cycled over 1000km.
    I weighed the same at the end but had 10% less body fat.

You have to take exercise daily and play some games for fitness like hockey , Football and more any other games like this then you maintain your fitness and health.

That's a great rate of weight loss.

Last week I started using the My Fitness Pal app/site to support my wife, who wants to lose 30 lbs. I've done calorie tracking before, and it really can open your eyes. My Fitness Pal also tracks your balance of carbs, fat and protein so you can adjust your diet accordingly. Really useful to me for watching my health, since my goal is to maintain my current weight. Having/giving support increases the chance of success.

There's nothing wrong with alcohol in moderation. Just budget it into your daily calorie intake. For example, skip the dinner roll and drink a beer instead! And remember, all the activity you do earns you extra calories. I burned at least 1000 calories cycling yesterday, which more than covers a couple of beers.
    I've been trying to cut back on carbs in general with special emphasis on trying to eliminate corn (in all it's forms) from my diet. I still enjoy an adult beverage or two on the weekends but I've switched to vodka with club soda and a wedge of lime. It tastes good enough and doesn't provide unnecessary calories. For the month of September I clocked over 80 miles on foot. Not an astonishing number, but I'm pretty damn happy with it. I'd like to best that number for the month of October but it's looking to be a busy month so I don't know if it will happen.

Luckily for me I have a nice "rails to trails" path just a block behind my house. It provides a nice area to exercise without a lot of traffic to deal with.

Throwing some iron and steel around. Never was much into doing this in high school... I'm 34 now.. So with two small kids.. I wanna make sure I can be their superman now. Usually run 45 mins 4 to 5 times a week. Will lifting prior to running. My biggest down fall is the food I eat and the quality of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmc5150 View Post
    Throwing some iron and steel around. Never was much into doing this in high school... I'm 34 now.. So with two small kids.. I wanna make sure I can be their superman now. Usually run 45 mins 4 to 5 times a week. Will lifting prior to running. My biggest down fall is the food I eat and the quality of it.
    I hear ya man! The main reason I exercise is the same reason I no longer ride a motorcycle, I have a young son to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    I'm 57, very soon to be 58. I have a pudge and love handles I recently changed from regular coke to Mexican coke. The difference is real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

Don't let the corn lobby fool you - HFCS is EVIL. It is metabolized primarily in the liver and primarily into fat. It also has no satiety effect on thirst, in fact, some research says it actually works you in the opposite direction.

Since switching, I am down 10 lbs on a good day and I drink much less coke because it satisfies my thirst faster.
    I like the way you are thinking, I have also noticed significant weight loss by switching from cake doughnuts to yeast.

Any good apps for iPhone? Such as ones for lifting or eating?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Luckily for me I have a nice "rails to trails" path just a block behind my house. It provides a nice area to exercise without a lot of traffic to deal with.
    I think I ride at the opposite end of that trail - but it's a lot more than a block from me. If I was that close, I'd ride a lot more often.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Shawn, First, read science writer Gary Taubes's book "Why We Get Fat - and what to do about it." If it doesn't convince you to go ultra low carb, that's fine but he does go into the science behind it. As for exercise, listen to "Advice Goddess" Amy Alkon's interview with Fred Hahn about slow speed strength training: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/amyalko...adio-amy-alkon
    15 minutes a week. A week.