Thread: Yeah THAT James Earl Jones...

Yeah THAT James Earl Jones...

So how's this for a fun project:

Today I'm finishing up an orchestral score for a short documentary that James Earl Jones is narrating. Gotta say, having that amazing voice come through my studio monitors is just so cool!

Wow - that is cool

James Earl Jones has such an amazing voice!

It is fun putting up the picture and VO I'm working with, expecting to hear the scratch track the producer made, and suddenly, it's the voice you know so well from so many things. Just cool as hell.

Angela Lansbury, John Lithgow, Elizabeth Ashley, Eli Wallach, and Tyne Daly are interviewed in it. Just a treat and a half to be involved with.

Make a copy of his acapella track and edit together a new voicemail message.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Make a copy of his acapella track and edit together a new voicemail message.
    Not with a track entrusted to me by a client.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Understood.

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Allright, Mr. Ethics, hand it over, I can do it instead of you =D
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Congrats to you. It must be great to be involved is such a project. Very cool.

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Thanks, guys! It's good to work, and even more gooder to work on a fun project!

Banned
    Is this a Darth Vader commercial???

Sound of deep, heavy breathing.....

"I am your father Les"

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Is this a Darth Vader commercial???

Sound of deep, heavy breathing.....

"I am your father Les"
    It's not a commercial, actually. It's more of a documentary to give visitors an historical reference to a theater restoration project. I'm not sure what its other uses will be yet.

He did use the Darth Vader voice. Which, you know, is his regular voice. Kept calling me Luke.

Hey, shouldn't you be busy scrubbing that awful pink Pepto-Bismol stain off that otherwise nice '91 you just bought?
    Last edited by LSchefman; 09-07-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Banned
    It's not a commercial, actually. It's more of a documentary to give visitors an historical reference to a theater restoration project. I'm not sure what its other uses will be yet.

He did use the Darth Vader voice. Which, you know, is his regular voice. Kept calling me Luke.

Hey, shouldn't you be busy scrubbing that awful pink Pepto-Bismol stain off that otherwise nice '91 you just bought?
    Absolutely...it was in mint NOS condition, so that pepto bismol color was very upsetting...I personally got some serious sandpaper and scraped off the entire finish and relic'ed it myself. "Cause we all know how much cooler a relic'ed guitar is.

BTW.....I have a nice bridge that connects Tillary Street in Brooklyn with Park Row in Manhattan. Really cheap....PM me for a good price and I can have you as the owner by Sunday. And, I'll throw in the guitar.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Absolutely...it was in mint NOS condition, so that pepto bismol color was very upsetting...I personally got some serious sandpaper and scraped off the entire finish and relic'ed it myself. "Cause we all know how much cooler a relic'ed guitar is.

BTW.....I have a nice bridge that connects Tillary Street in Brooklyn with Park Row in Manhattan. Really cheap....PM me for a good price and I can have you as the owner by Sunday. And, I'll throw in the guitar.
    Nah, I wouldn't let that guitar into my house, being all sunburned looking and with a pink butt. So the deal's off.

Congratulations on the scoring project Les. Very cool.

Cool Les ...
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

Thanks, guys! It's great to be able to share this kind of stuff with my musician pals.