Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 90

Thread: Experience PRS 2012 Artist Announcement

  1. #1
    Administrator james's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    370

    Experience PRS 2012 Artist Announcement

    You heard it here first!

    Experience PRS 2012 Artists Announced

    Experience 2012 is shaping up to be another great event. Complete event details will be emailed to registrants on September 4, but we’ve decided to give everyone a sneak peak at some of the artists who will be joining us this year.

    Mark Tremonti will perform some spectacular songs from his new solo album All I Was at the Exclusive Signature Club Event on Thursday, September 13.

    John McLaughlin and the 4th Dimension will headline Friday’s evening performance after a day of fun and informative clinics and product demonstrations. McLaughlin’s musical influences carry over to many of the musical elite also declaring him to be “the best guitarist alive,” as Jeff Beck mused in 2010. His recent announcement of his latest album, Now Here This (Abstract Logix) is set for release on October 18th and we are excited to give you a taste of what this album has to offer. As John himself simply states, “Now Here This is the culmination of my life’s work till now.”

    Mother’s Finest, featuring PRS bass player Jerry “Wyzard” Seay, will take you back to the 70’s and give you a taste of funk rock at Saturday night’s evening concert.

    As always, the PRS Band will host various artists on stage as well, including Davy Knowles, Brent Mason, Bernie Marsden, Simon McBride, Neal Schon, and more.

    Event registration will close on August 18. If you haven’t registered and would like to attend Experience PRS 2012, please visit: www.prsguitars.com/experience/ We look forward to seeing you in September!

    *Schedule Subject to change without notice.


  2. #2
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,856
    A VERY METAL SIGNATURE CLUB NIGHT IS IN-STORE MY FRIENDS :evil laugh:
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  3. #3
    Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Posts
    5,104
    Outstanding!

    The bass player in me is especially stoked to see Mother's Finest.

    Of course, I rarely sit and watch any of the acts because I'm too busy jaw-jackin' with all of the fellas. Can't wait.
    One Life

  4. #4
    Prince of Paisley iahawk36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Country
    Posts
    595
    GREAT lineup!!! Can't wait!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

  5. #5
    deus ex machina
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    388
    Joyce Kennedy had an amazing set of pipes back in her prime. Hopefully, time has been kind to her.

    Here's my favorite Mother's Finest tune:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N64qEtwNkk

    What's amazing is much how much bigger and heavier Mother's Finest sounded in concert.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYArl...eature=related

  6. #6
    Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Posts
    5,104
    By the way, I was bragging about John McLaughlin playing X-PRS to a friend (John Zurek) who is an accomplished Jazz drummer. He's played with many of the big boys. He said, and I quote...

    "If he has Mark Mondesir with him you'll see a drummer the likes of you never ever seen before. Check out "Industrial Zen" (awesome bassist Matthew Garrison on this one) and "To the One".

    If Johnny Z is impressed, I can't wait!
    One Life

  7. #7
    Senior Member Michael B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Saratoga Springs New York
    Posts
    911
    AWESOME!!!!! So glad to hear Tremonti's playing thursday!!!!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON

  8. #8
    Senior Member veinbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    GTA, or PA, or vacation
    Posts
    2,423
    I guess I should try and make it in time for Thursday night.

  9. #9
    DGT Club Vice President
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Riding, VA
    Posts
    829
    Grissom?
    __________________________________________

    mgd

    DGTs

  10. #10
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,524
    Sweet, sounds like it should be a very cool & eclectic weekend!

  11. #11
    deus ex machina
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    388
    Hopefully, John McLaughlin will not be as much of a snooze as Al Di Meola was last year. I love Al's work with Return to Forever and his early solo work (Splendido Hotel is a tour de force), but I cannot get into "New World Music" Al. That being said, Al Di Meola, as good as he is, is no John McLaughlin. John McLaughlin has had an amazing career. It does not hurt that he rose to fame by playing guitar on In a Silent Way and Bitches Brew. Miles Davis was a genius, and McLaughlin benefited enormously from working with him.

  12. #12
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Duncan View Post
    Grissom?
    Isn't he there every year? I mean, I'm trying not to assume...but...I'd be bummed not to see him play in some way shape or form.

  13. #13
    deus ex machina
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    388
    I am looking forward to Davy and Bernie being at Experience again this year. Those two have joined Mike Ault, Gary Grainger, and Greg Grainger as Experience MVPs.

  14. #14
    WHOA! If I knew about John McLaughlin and the oppourtunity to pehaps even meet and chat ( pick his brain ) with him I would have made every excuse to be there this year. Oh well, it must be fate that our paths don't cross this time. Mmmm, that sounds like something he would say....or does it??? .....And thats exactly the sort of thing I would like to know! Yes, he is an amazing improvisational guitarist, but to hear his perspective on things, he is one of the most intrieging souls I have ever heard speak. For those of you unfamiliar with his music, prepare to have your minds blown!!!!!

  15. #15
    deus ex machina
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    388
    I am curious as to why Mark Tremonti is scheduled to perform on Thursday evening when the members of the Signature Club tend to be older than the members of the PRS community as a whole? Wouldn't it make more sense to have Mark Tremonti headline the show on Saturday evening? Saturday tends to draw the most age-diverse crowd.

  16. #16
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Em7 View Post
    I am curious as to why Mark Tremonti is scheduled to perform on Thursday evening when the members of the Signature Club tend to be older than the members of the PRS community as a whole? Wouldn't it make more sense to have Mark Tremonti headline the show on Saturday evening? Saturday tends to draw the most age-diverse crowd.
    Probably scheduling for either Mark or the other day's headliners. Also while Mark and his solo project are a little heavier, who doesn't enjoy them some Tremonti? Hes such a great guy.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  17. #17
    deus ex machina
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Probably scheduling for either Mark or the other day's headliners. Also while Mark and his solo project are a little heavier, who doesn't enjoy them some Tremonti? Hes such a great guy.
    I know it is difficult for younger musicians to understand, but most older guitarists do not care for modern rock. For them, guitar pretty much went on a downhill spiral after "Nevermore" was released. If given their choice between John McLaughlin and Mark Tremonti, most would pick John McLaughlin. Older guitarists tend be more technically-oriented than younger guitarists because they cut their teeth when guitar was a lot more technically-oriented than it is today, and John McLaughlin is a technician's technician. Few guitarists will ever reach his level of prowess.

    Scheduling Opeth to perform on Saturday last year was brilliant because it allowed younger members of the PRS family who are less likely to have extensive leave built up the opportunity to see the band that they cared about seeing. While older members of the PRS family may have slightly impaired hearing, we are not completely deaf. If I had a dollar for every time that I heard a young person at Experience 2010 complain about the weekend being too blues-rock/classic rock oriented, I would have walked away from the event with pockets full of money.

    With that said, Mark Tremonti has to been really down to earth with Experience attendees in the past. I especially like the story about Mark making beer runs for a few BaMmers. I also appreciate the effort that he has put forth to bring guitar solos back to rock guitar.

  18. #18
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,821
    The Artists/bands have very busy schedules and we are happy to work around those schedules. We appreciate the time they are able to give us, when they can give it.

  19. #19
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Em7 View Post
    I know it is difficult for younger musicians to understand, but most older guitarists do not care for modern rock. For them, guitar pretty much went on a downhill spiral after "Nevermore" was released. If given their choice between John McLaughlin and Mark Tremonti, most would pick John McLaughlin. Older guitarists tend be more technically-oriented than younger guitarists because they cut their teeth when guitar was a lot more technically-oriented than it is today, and John McLaughlin is a technician's technician. Few guitarists will ever reach his level of prowess.

    Scheduling Opeth to perform on Saturday last year was brilliant because it allowed younger members of the PRS family who are less likely to have extensive leave built up the opportunity to see the band that they cared about seeing. While older members of the PRS family may have slightly impaired hearing, we are not completely deaf. If I had a dollar for every time that I heard a young person at Experience 2010 complain about the weekend being too blues-rock/classic rock oriented, I would have walked away from the event with pockets full of money.

    With that said, Mark Tremonti has to been really down to earth with Experience attendees in the past. I especially like the story about Mark making beer runs for a few BaMmers. I also appreciate the effort that he has put forth to bring guitar solos back to rock guitar.

    I think 99% of what you said is sheer opinion - and I respect it - but don't necessarily believe it to be as true as you make it. With that being said, its always a good time - both performance wise and of course simply our time to bond with fellow PRS lovers.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  20. #20
    Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Posts
    5,104
    I work with a lot of guys replete with technical knowledge. They tend to be socially inept.
    One Life

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •