Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Lightest PRS?

  1. #1
    Member CE-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    186

    Lightest PRS?

    After a marathon gig last night my back is still hurting, time for a lighter guitar. I'm thinking perhaps a Korina Mira but I sure would like a tremolo guitar. What is the lightest PRS (solid/chambered) guitar?

    What model do you have and what does it weigh?

  2. #2
    408 Sig Club President Twinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    451
    A semi-hollow Cu22 may be good for you?

  3. #3
    My CU22 Semi Hollow was an absolute featherweight. Sounded great, too!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    288



    I think that MAPete's is .02 lbs lighter, but this is about as light as it gets so far as I know for a solidbody. And this thing really does feel light (though doesn't sound it...)

  5. #5


    Wow! I wish my PRSi were 5.48 lbs!

  6. #6
    Member CE-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by aristotle View Post



    I think that MAPete's is .02 lbs lighter, but this is about as light as it gets so far as I know for a solidbody. And this thing really does feel light (though doesn't sound it...)
    That is crazy light! I have a basswood Strat that weighs 6.13 and I thought it was light. This is amazing! What is the makeup of this guitar, mahogany body with a cedar top? Is it chambered?

  7. #7
    DGT Club Vice President
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Riding, VA
    Posts
    767
    Wow! My Goldtop DGT weighs 9.6 pounds. Both David Grissom and Len Johnson kinda grunted when picking it up for the first time...you know, that kinda hernia popping grunt?
    __________________________________________

    mgd

    DGTs

  8. #8
    Senior Member Brad737's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    538
    CE man,
    I had a Korina Mira that weighed 5 lbs, 13 oz. My chambered Artist 1 weighs 6 lbs, 6 oz. I'd consider them both to be very lightweight, but the tone doesn't suffer in the least.
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

    http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

  9. #9
    Geezer wilerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Syracuse, New York
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by CE-man View Post
    After a marathon gig last night my back is still hurting, time for a lighter guitar. I'm thinking perhaps a Korina Mira but I sure would like a tremolo guitar. What is the lightest PRS (solid/chambered) guitar?

    What model do you have and what does it weigh?
    What were you playing and what does it weigh?
    Bill

    PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

  10. #10
    Member CE-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by wilerty View Post
    What were you playing and what does it weigh?
    I'm playing the guitar in my avatar, it's a `91 CE-24 PRS employee guitar. It weighs a bit over 8 pounds which is not the lightest nor the heaviest of my PRS guitars, but we did a non-stop 3 hour gig in 90 degree/75% humidity last night. This was after work and after moving and setting up a massive P.A. system. Once we had finished setting up the P.A. I was already spent, I told the guys I was going to do the B.B.King and sit down for the gig.

  11. #11
    Member CE-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad737 View Post
    CE man,
    I had a Korina Mira that weighed 5 lbs, 13 oz. My chambered Artist 1 weighs 6 lbs, 6 oz. I'd consider them both to be very lightweight, but the tone doesn't suffer in the least.
    My mahogany Mira was super light, I figured the Korina would be even lighter. I wish they had a tremolo version.

  12. #12
    Junior Member gear_freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    87
    Another +1 for the CU22 Semi-Hollow Ltd. Mine weights 6.87lbs. It feels so light compared to a normal guitar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •