Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price and in-store date for the 408?

Price and in-store date for the 408?

Hi guys,
    Has anyone heard a definite price and/or in-store date for the 408?
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Stripped 58, NF3, SE Custom 24, SE Custom Semi-Hollow with Bigsby, Vintage V6 Reissue
    Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, Godin Velocity, Blackstar HT-5TH amplifier

Yeah please give us the scoop from EXP12 please!

I need this guitar!!!!......if it's not too expensive

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Yes, please, I need to start planning which organ(s) I can live without / sell because I have come to the realization that my salvation will indeed depend on a 408 MT Solana Burst Quilt Stoptail Pattern Rosewood Neck with Gold Hardware!!!
    1990 CE24 MT | 1991 CU24 | 1991 CE24 | 1992 CE24 MT
    1993 STD 24 | 1997 CE24 3pc MT | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 SE Akesson | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 S2 Mira | 2013 Hollowbody II
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2014 SE Zach Myers (incoming)

Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousCarl View Post
    Yes, please, I need to start planning which organ(s) I can live without / sell because I have come to the realization that my salvation will indeed depend on a 408 MT Solana Burst Quilt Stoptail Pattern Rosewood Neck with Gold Hardware!!!
    That's funny, I need a 408 MT in Armando's Amethyst with a stoptail bridge, artist 10 quilt top, a pattern thin neck and nickel hardware. Amazing how we know exactly what we need.
    Stripped 58, NF3, SE Custom 24, SE Custom Semi-Hollow with Bigsby, Vintage V6 Reissue

I like the idea of a 408 Standard with a Pattern neck in white or frost blue metallic with Moons. Not sure re trem vs stoptail.
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Fox77 View Post
    I like the idea of a 408 Standard with a Pattern neck in white or frost blue metallic with Moons. Not sure re trem vs stoptail.
    The 408 Standard does intrigue me, but I would kick myself for years if I didn't get the 408 MT. They're just so pretty.

I'll take an educated guesstimate :

In store between Oct 1 and Oct 15th at the more boutique places.

Price....MAP between $3295 and $3495 for the more minimally appointed models.
    Last edited by The Ratchet; 09-15-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ratchet View Post
    I'll take an educated guesstimate :

In store between Oct 1 and Oct 15th at the more boutique places.

Price....MAP between $3295 and $3495 for the more minimally appointed models.
    We should start a pool and see who's most accurate.

I started to post the MSRP and MAP prices for you but I checked first and saw that price discussions of any kind are forbiden by the forum rules. I don't want to get banned. I'm sure the official price list under the PRSguitars.com "Support" page will be updated soon with the MSRP info and your favorite dealer can give you MAP or "street" price.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I started to post the MSRP and MAP prices for you but I checked first and saw that price discussions of any kind are forbiden by the forum rules. I don't want to get banned. I'm sure the official price list under the PRSguitars.com "Support" page will be updated soon with the MSRP info and your favorite dealer can give you MAP or "street" price.
    Yikes! Thanks Daniel, I wasn't aware that price discussions are forbidden under forum rules. I don't want anyone to get in trouble.

I'll ask that any discussion of this topic please stop. Thanks.

Well, we just don't talk about price, unless it's 'MSRP' as listed on PRS website. I also predict city mileage of 22mpg

As far as availability dates - that is certainly cool to discuss.
    ►★*PrSi-4-EvA*★◄

Quote Originally Posted by The Ratchet View Post
    Well, we just don't talk about price, unless it's 'MSRP' as listed on PRS website. I also predict city mileage of 22mpg

As far as availability dates - that is certainly cool to discuss.
    Thanks for the clarification. I have to admit I'd be a bit disappointed, I was hoping for at least 28 MPG.

I simply can't wait to get my hands on a 408MT. As I wrote in another thread, this guitar ticks all the boxes for me.

Guitars4You in the UK has the 408MT on their website for 2,749 pounds. That's about $4,500 US or $5,400 NZ.

http://guitars4you.co.uk/prs-408-maple-top+++882

What the crap!? I thought it would be in the Custom 24 price range! Not in the Sig Lim range! I was under the impression that this was PRS' way of bringing the 408 pickups in a more affordable package?

Oh well. Guess I can scratch this dream :/

Don't panic - take a deep breath and compare the UK prices of other models. Import taxes and such.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I played a 408 in the amp demo room at experience and I really like it. Sorry for fueling the gas but it very nice sounding guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    Don't panic - take a deep breath and compare the UK prices of other models. Import taxes and such.
    My sentiments exactly. Let's get the straight dope from PRS before we get concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by clcwarlock View Post
    I played a 408 in the amp demo room at experience and I really like it. Sorry for fueling the gas but it very nice sounding guitar.
    Did you play the MT or the Standard? I'm interested in hearing what you think of the difference in tone between the two if you got to play both.

Rick Tedesco's Guitar Hanger has the MT and Standard listed on their website. The prices are considerably lower than the prices I quoted earlier in the thread.

They have the MT for $2,990
    http://www.guitarhangar.com/prs-408-mt.html

The Standard costs $2,580
    http://www.guitarhangar.com/prs-408-standard.html

However, they do not give you the option to choose between the pattern thin or pattern neck.
    Last edited by ExpatGirl; 09-17-2012 at 01:29 AM.

I have a great idea. In a place where prices / dealers aren't supposed to be discussed.....and we just discussed that we weren't going to discuss that.....let's keep discussing it!!!

a 408 Std, stop tail, Chrome Hdw, wide thin rosewood neck in seafoam green would make me really happy