Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Those who didn't go to the Experience 2012

  1. #1
    Senior Member slowro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    382

    Those who didn't go to the Experience 2012

    Will you be going next year?
    I will have a 5 month old kid next year but I think I HAVE to go next year
    it will be a few thousand miles but hey

  2. #2
    Are 2 heads better than 1 Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    671
    One year I will make it in September!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The FAR SIDE of the Middle of Nowhere
    Posts
    970
    Already saving up airline miles!

  4. #4
    Wait, you mean that isn't how it is every weekend at PRS??

  5. #5
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,350
    I'd like to but i'd have to turn it into part of a major holiday to the US in general and find a day where we can come to the experience... It falls just a few days after my GF goes back to school (Teacher! ) so it's difficult for her to negotiate time off after she's just had 6 weeks.

    We'll see... But you guys have done a good job of bringing it to us!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  6. #6
    Goatee Practitioner Danerada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    I'd like to but i'd have to turn it into part of a major holiday to the US in general and find a day where we can come to the experience... It falls just a few days after my GF goes back to school (Teacher! ) so it's difficult for her to negotiate time off after she's just had 6 weeks.

    We'll see... But you guys have done a good job of bringing it to us!

    FIELD TRIP!!!!!!
    - Dane

    “He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

  7. #7
    Senior Member 11top's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,693
    I'll have to think about a bit............................................... .................................................. ....................................Ok, I'm definitely in.
    Sh*tter's full

  8. #8
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Danerada View Post
    FIELD TRIP!!!!!!
    She could swing it as an ed-u-ca-shun-al experience!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  9. #9
    A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texxas, USA
    Posts
    3,373
    I really hope to be there. I'm already saving a dollar here and a dollar there. Getting there and back will be the biggest obstacle for me. It's quite a trip from Texas. No flight; has to be a rental car.

    Never say never, right?!?!

    Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

  10. #10
    Almost was a FG22 owner.. WEDGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Too close to the casinos in CT.........
    Posts
    1,795
    Wife has given me a lifetime pass for this......
    ​Secretary of Crackwood Addiction

  11. #11
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    I really hope to be there. I'm already saving a dollar here and a dollar there. Getting there and back will be the biggest obstacle for me. It's quite a trip from Texas. No flight; has to be a rental car.

    Never say never, right?!?!

    Goldtop
    May I recommend Amtrak? I looked up the route for you and it looks like its pretty simple and probably cheaper than a flight. The train goes from Texas to Chicago, then to Maryland and takes from 9am and arrives around 5pm with prices ranging from 250 - 350. Obviously anyone of us with a vehicle at Experience would be more than happy to give you lifts my friend
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  12. #12
    Senior Member andy474x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    1,172
    Talked to a friend about making it next year. I can get a pretty cheap flight from Boston, it's just a question of admission and a hotel... and the "miscellaneous" fund (aka gear and beer money). How much is admission for the weekend anyways? I kept seeing $30-50 on the website, but I don't know if that's just a registration fee, or the whole weekend, or per day, or what. Anyways, I wish I could've made it for the performances this year, they looked awesome. But I'm sure next year will be just as good.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

    S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE 30 Head/Cab

  13. #13
    Senior Member Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    633
    It's always been free! How awesome is that? There is a late registration / pay-at-the-door fee if you put off signing up too long.

    I'll be back next year and no dang reunion to shorten my stay. I may bring the whole family next year.

  14. #14
    Can you have too many? Buildermike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NoVA & MA when I can
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    Talked to a friend about making it next year. I can get a pretty cheap flight from Boston, it's just a question of admission and a hotel... and the "miscellaneous" fund (aka gear and beer money). How much is admission for the weekend anyways? I kept seeing $30-50 on the website, but I don't know if that's just a registration fee, or the whole weekend, or per day, or what. Anyways, I wish I could've made it for the performances this year, they looked awesome. But I'm sure next year will be just as good.
    Admission is free when you register during the open period. To attend the Signature Event you have to be a member of course and that was $60 for the year, well worth it I may add. Plenty of shuttle flights out of Boston to the Washington, DC area on the cheap. I'm a Bostonian living in DC, commute back a couple times a year. So book ahead, you need to make the pilgrimage at least once

  15. #15
    SuperD Boogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Indy, IN
    Posts
    1,341
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    May I recommend Amtrak? I looked up the route for you and it looks like its pretty simple and probably cheaper than a flight. The train goes from Texas to Chicago, then to Maryland and takes from 9am and arrives around 5pm with prices ranging from 250 - 350. Obviously anyone of us with a vehicle at Experience would be more than happy to give you lifts my friend
    I made the trip via train as a kid...Indy to Chicago to Dallas. It was a fantastic adventure and a pretty trip. That would be the way I'd go if I had the time. Great suggestion, Mike.

  16. #16
    A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texxas, USA
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    May I recommend Amtrak? I looked up the route for you and it looks like its pretty simple and probably cheaper than a flight. The train goes from Texas to Chicago, then to Maryland and takes from 9am and arrives around 5pm with prices ranging from 250 - 350. Obviously anyone of us with a vehicle at Experience would be more than happy to give you lifts my friend
    You know, I've never been on a train in my life, other than the little kiddie things that used to be at some amusement parks back when I was a kid. That's an interesting idea, and one that I probably never would have thought of on my own. I might have to check into it further. Thanks for suggesting it. And thanks also for the mention of the lift(s) once I get there. Looks like I've got a lot to ponder.

    Very cool. Thanks again.

    Goldtop/Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •