Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here's my Über cool idea...🗿

Quote Originally Posted by MA Pete View Post
    Size Medium, send it my way, and I will wear it to a gig!
    Ha! Mr. Paisley, you're supposed to buy it yourself. Show some stones, fergodsakes!

Incidentally, the correct 1966 Paisley look is beautifully modeled here by the ever-popular Strawberry Alarm Clock:

Imagine how awesome this will look onstage with your paisley amps, guitar cases, gig bags, and guitar straps! Like SAC, you, too, can feel that you had Too Much to Dream Last Night...

P.S. I still dress this way. It's all my public will accept.

P.P.S. Not really.

P.P.P.S. OK, sometimes. Or, um, often. Fine, then! Every day.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 09-27-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Okay, I'm out! That's just a little too extreme for me.

I'll just stick with my Rock Revival jeans and Affliction Shirts.

I'm still in for the Paisley Gig Bag, though!
    Ted Club President

Quote Originally Posted by MA Pete View Post
    I'll just stick with my Rock Revival jeans and Affliction Shirts.
    You realize that label jeans and stuff are the antithesis of badass 60s paisley,, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Speaking of gig bags...

I had one of the PRS leather ones a few years back, and liked it a lot (too bad it's no longer offered), but am really impressed with the Incase hybrid gig bags (the ones that come with a certain competitor's John Mayer model are particularly sweet). The bags are extremely well-made, incredibly protective, and I think they'd be especially awesome if PRS were to have something built to PRS specs. I've never seen a better made bag, or a nicer one in terms of amenities.

The only functional change to the Incase that I'd want would be to replace the nylon mesh that runs along the guitar's rims on the lower bout with something that would be kinder to the finish. And of course, it needs a PRS logo! Maybe a little paisley would be ok in the trim. Not too much.
    I hear you mate. I actually had the original Jon Mayer InCase (black with huge "F" on top).
    A friend has it now, and it IS pretty damn awezome as far as protection goes.
    The "real back pack straps" are also a bonus. However, I find it (at least that version) a bit too heavy and bulky,
    and I even doubt I would be allowed to check it in the over head compartment on a plane (it's that bulky).
    The regular PRS bag (at least for me), offer enough protection, whilst still being slim enough not to stur up
    hassle when boarding. However, I must add that I'm not too concerned about dinging my guitars up,
    apart from a broken neck, I'm all good and are more of the "play it like you mean it" mindset when live,
    hence my PRSi all have dings and scratches (note, I would not intentionally damage it in any way, we're just talking
    general wear and tear).
    -Richard Lainegard-
    RichardLainegard.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lainegard View Post
    I hear you mate. I actually had the original Jon Mayer InCase (black with huge "F" on top).
    A friend has it now, and it IS pretty damn awezome as far as protection goes.
    The "real back pack straps" are also a bonus. However, I find it (at least that version) a bit too heavy and bulky,
    and I even doubt I would be allowed to check it in the over head compartment on a plane (it's that bulky).
    The regular PRS bag (at least for me), offer enough protection, whilst still being slim enough not to stur up
    hassle when boarding. However, I must add that I'm not too concerned about dinging my guitars up,
    apart from a broken neck, I'm all good and are more of the "play it like you mean it" mindset when live,
    hence my PRSi all have dings and scratches (note, I would not intentionally damage it in any way, we're just talking
    general wear and tear).
    I think the Incase wouldn't be a problem in the overhead compartment, honestly; I've traveled with a 35" scale Modulus Graphite bass in the overhead in a heavily padded and bulky Levy's leather case, and it was fine, and bigger than the Incase Mayer bag I had, so...pretty sure the Incase would fit.

The Incase has a full length neck support, I doubt there'd be much risk of a broken neck; and it's more protective and has a laptop pocket. Anyway, that'd be my first choice for travel. I haven't had to fly with a guitar for a gig in a while, so I guess I don't need to spend much time worrying about it.