Thread: Regular stoptail - will it intonate with .11 - 49s or .11 to 52s?

Question Regular stoptail - will it intonate with .11 - 49s or .11 to 52s?

The support section on the PRS website mentions that the bridge will intonate with a "conventionally gauged string set". I take that to mean string sets 9-42 and 10-46.

Does anyone know whether it will intonate with, say the DGT string set (.11 - .49) or other string sets, eg light top / heavy bottom (.10 - .52)?

I want to tune my PRS with a regular stoptail down a half step (with the occasional Drop C#) and keep a decent string tension. I hope I can achieve that without having to buy the adjustable stoptail.

Does anyone use the mentioned string gauges with a normal stoptail?

Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Fox77; 09-27-2012 at 06:03 AM.
    Alex

Yes....I've used 11-52's on my Singlecut for drop D stuff with no problems!
    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

Thanks Todd!
    Alex

YW....just remember to check the nut slots. They will need to be opened up a tad.
    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

I just set up my regular stoptail with a light top/Heavy bottom (9-46). I then decided to change the low E 1+ to a 52 and do the full setup as an always dropped D guitar. So that is a triple hybrid set and to my surprise it intonated perfectly with a crazy low action. It plays amazing with no slack on the dropped string. Plus this is on an SE model! so you should have no problems.
    '96 CE-24 with Bird Inlays - VY | '91 CE-24 (road warrior) - VS | '06 SC Artist - Blue Matteo Satin | '12 Tremonti SE Custom | MESA Roadster