Thread: Best pickups for hot rodding a SE Custom Semi-hollow?

Best pickups for hot rodding a SE Custom Semi-hollow?

I want to hot rod my SE Custom Semi-hollow and put some nicer pickups in it. I'd like to put 57/08s in it, like in the Hollowbody II, but PRS doesn't sell those yet. I'd like to get a nice warm BB King type of blues tone but with a warm, creamy gritty tone when you run it through a good tube amp.

So, my more experienced friends, what's your guidance?
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Stripped 58, NF3, SE Custom 24, SE Custom Semi-Hollow with Bigsby, Vintage V6 Reissue
    Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, Godin Velocity, Blackstar HT-5TH amplifier

53/10's would sound amazing in your guitar.

I have the same guitar in red and I am thinking about putting in Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz set or the Vintage Blues '59 set. I know the JB/Jazz set is great because I already have them on a SE Custom 24, but I want to check out everything first as far as tone samples before I make a decision.
    2010 PRS SE Torero
    2010 PRS SE Custom 24-25th Anniversary
    2011 PRS SE 245
    2011 PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
    Marshall Amplification

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    53/10's would sound amazing in your guitar.
    Thanks Shawn. Do you know, or can you find out, if 53/10s are available in NZ?
    Stripped 58, NF3, SE Custom 24, SE Custom Semi-Hollow with Bigsby, Vintage V6 Reissue

Oh dear, I literally sold a pair just today, was only a small post across the Tasman too!

Quote Originally Posted by ExpatGirl View Post
    Thanks Shawn. Do you know, or can you find out, if 53/10s are available in NZ?
    Hi ExpatGirl,

The 53/10's are absolutley available in NZ and world wide. Contact Music Biz New Zealand, Ltd. at 64 9 571 2580 bob@musicbiz.co.nz

Here is the link for all of our international distributors in case anyone else outside of North America is looking to order pickups or parts.
    http://www.prsguitars.com/world.php

Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    Oh dear, I literally sold a pair just today, was only a small post across the Tasman too!
    No worries, mate. Where in Aus are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Hi ExpatGirl,

The 53/10's are absolutley available in NZ and world wide. Contact Music Biz New Zealand, Ltd. at 64 9 571 2580 bob@musicbiz.co.nz

Here is the link for all of our international distributors in case anyone else outside of North America is looking to order pickups or parts.
    http://www.prsguitars.com/world.php
    Cheers, mate.