Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potraits of Paul...Pictures that YOU took!

I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Jim McCarty is one bad mofo. I was totally taken aback by this performance.

Nice to see him playing a PRS instead of an LP too.
    I had never ever heard of Jim McCarty before that weekend, but Paul was obviously awed and tripping over McCarty. And then I listened to him play, and understood why. He just owned every riff he played! I've never seen anything like it before or since.

Guitar show NYC sometime in the 90's

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Squid View Post
    I had never ever heard of Jim McCarty before that weekend, but Paul was obviously awed and tripping over McCarty. And then I listened to him play, and understood why. He just owned every riff he played! I've never seen anything like it before or since.
    I had heard the name before the first time he was at Experience, but I couldn't place it. I was severely impressed, though. The next year, when he was playing, I shook my head and thought, "Damn - I need some of this guy's stuff in my collection." Then he introduced the next song by saying, "This is a song I recorded with the Rockets." THE ROCKETS???? I had one of their albums - never realized he was in the band.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner