Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SE Tremonti Custom!

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    It would be nice to at least get an apoligy for giving my guitar away to someone else or at least contact my dealer and tell him when my replacement will land at his shop so I can pick it up.
    I had that kind of happen a few years back. I was on the phone with my sales guy, he had the guitar behind the counter and one of his co-workers sold it cash to a collector. He was like, you can't sell that, I have a guy I've been woring with on the phone who is about to pay for it. His co-worker's response was ef him this guy has cash and he's right here.
    SFL Onstage - My New Publication SFL Onstage 'Like' us on Facebook
    PRS McCarty Hollowbody, PRS Custom 24
    Mesa/Boogie Rectifier -> Rectifier Cabs -> Boss Tuner -> Modded Tremonti Wah -> DOD Gonkulator -> T-Rex Tremonti Phase Shifter -> Boss Digital Delay -> EHX POG -> eBow

That is a great way to do business.
    If that happened to me, I would not deal with them again.
    Yea, generally I wouldn't. The guy who I was dealing with was very nice, he even went out of his way to check other stores around the country to see if there was another one that matched the specs of the guitar I hunted down to his store.
    SFL Onstage - My New Publication SFL Onstage 'Like' us on Facebook
    PRS McCarty Hollowbody, PRS Custom 24
    Mesa/Boogie Rectifier -> Rectifier Cabs -> Boss Tuner -> Modded Tremonti Wah -> DOD Gonkulator -> T-Rex Tremonti Phase Shifter -> Boss Digital Delay -> EHX POG -> eBow

one thing from the specs is that even though the body is thick like the 245 and the pick ups are from the 245 the scale length says 25". Personally I ike that a bit better than the 24.5. strings don`t get so floppy when drop tuning.

Sausage, did you get yours yet?
    Mine still has not shipped from PRS to my dealer.
    Not yet. My guy said he thought he'd be shipping it to me by this past Friday, but no luck. I expect to him from him tomorrow with a revised timeline. Bad thing is, we're both on the east coast. I was hoping it'd be shipped before this hurricane business rolled in, but no such luck. Here's hoping I get it this week. As soon as I do, I'll post plenty of pictures.

Yeah, it's raining out here. Flooding has apparently already started in some areas. Unfortunately, my work is one of the only places that didn't close, so here I am. Here's hoping I can get home after working all day.

Just picked mine from the FEDEX office before they closed for the storm! It looks and feels great. I love the thick body. It does need somewhat of a setup as the strings came all floppy and I need to adjust the tremolo. Will post pics or a video soon if the hurricane permints.

Hope you all get yours soon, practice some Tremonti riffs to make the waiting less painful !
    '96 CE-24 with Bird Inlays - VY | '91 CE-24 (road warrior) - VS | '06 SC Artist - Blue Matteo Satin | '12 Tremonti SE Custom | MESA Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post
    Hope you all get yours soon, practice some Tremonti riffs to make the waiting less painful !
    I am afraid I do not know any of his riffs
    If by chance I cannot get this guitar soon, I will be canceling my order, and place one for this Les Paul from Sweetwater.

A lot more money, but this is one of the better LPs out right now.
    Gibson Les Paul Standard Premium Plus (Honey Burst)

Coil taps, slim 60s neck like my SG has.
    Also has locking tuners, so no need for my local dealer to throw on the Planet Waves Autrotrims like I have on all of my other guitars.

the new shape is very cool, they're using a birds inlay

Started a thread for mine. Adding different pictures and in the future will have modifications I have planned.
    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...ustom-Pictures!

Preview...
    '96 CE-24 with Bird Inlays - VY | '91 CE-24 (road warrior) - VS | '06 SC Artist - Blue Matteo Satin | '12 Tremonti SE Custom | MESA Roadster

Wait, I'm a little confused. PRS page says this guitar is ALL maple? So it's not a maple-topped mahogany body?

My dealer called me about 90 minutes ago, Tremonti has left the PRS building.
    Must have shipped today, and he assures me it is coming to his store this time.

Matt, if you had anything to do with this today, I thank you very much!

He cannot track it though, something about the computer system back East being down due to the big storm.
    If it did go out today, it might land by Thursday the 9th or the next day, then my dealer will need an extra day to prep/modify it for me.

So hopefully I will be posting up pics by two weekends from now.

Quote Originally Posted by SausageofPower View Post
    Wait, I'm a little confused. PRS page says this guitar is ALL maple? So it's not a maple-topped mahogany body?
    Should be hog with a maple cap from most of the sites I have read.
    http://www.musicradar.com/totalguita...-custom-564553
    The PRS SE Tremonti Custom swaps the slimline, all-mahogany body of the original for a thicker mahogany and carved maple combo.
    I do see on the PRS site though it says maple neck and body.

Should be hog with a maple cap from most of the sites I have read.
    http://www.musicradar.com/totalguita...-custom-564553

I do see on the PRS site though it says maple neck and body.
    Yeah, I think it's just a typo on the PRS site. The "body wood" should probably say "top wood" or something like that. This is definitely a thick slab of kickassery though, it's the guitar I wanted when I bought my Tremonti SE. I can let that go to the next lucky guy though, this fit the bill perfectly. Gonna enjoy it for a couple of days in stock form, then throw locking tuners and my US Tremonti pickups on her. Later on she'll probably probably get a Black TUSQ XL nut too.

I'll have pics of mine up later in my own thread, so as not to steal anyone's thunder.

Yeah, this is my first PRS SE with the regular trem (I had the regular Tremonti SE and the Torero, which is a Floyd Rose of course), so I'll see how it goes. I know one friend has a PRS SE and complains about tuning stability, but he also bumped his gauge up to 11's so it may be binding because the nut isn't cut for that size.

Either way, I'm always playing with my guitars. It's part of the love of these things for me.

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageofPower View Post
    Yeah, this is my first PRS SE with the regular trem (I had the regular Tremonti SE and the Torero, which is a Floyd Rose of course), so I'll see how it goes. I know one friend has a PRS SE and complains about tuning stability, but he also bumped his gauge up to 11's so it may be binding because the nut isn't cut for that size.

Either way, I'm always playing with my guitars. It's part of the love of these things for me.
    pretty good chance that's the case. A lot of SE's ship with 9's so 10's may bind a touch, never mind 11's!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues