Thread: PRS Singlecut Stoptail?

PRS Singlecut Stoptail?

Hi Guys,
    Does anyone know anything about a PRS model called the Singlecut Stoptail? The one I saw was in emerald green. I want to find out what kind of pickups came on this model, what kind of neck it hand, when they were offered for sale, anything you can tell me.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Stripped 58, NF3, SE Custom 24, SE Custom Semi-Hollow with Bigsby, Vintage V6 Reissue
    Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, Godin Velocity, Blackstar HT-5TH amplifier

I think that it's just a regular singlecut, and sometimes called a stoptail to differentiate between trem and stoptail models. If that is the case, probably 7s and probably wide fat. I am always willing to stand corrected though! Got any pics?

From the PRS website:
    SINGLECUT: 2000 - 2006. Singlecut body shape with carved maple top, mahogany back and neck, rosewood fretboard, 25 scale length with 10 fretboard radius, optional bird inlays, Wide Fat neck carve, PRS #7 Treble and Bass pickups, two volume and two tone controls with 3-way toggle on upper bout.

These came with vintage tuners.

If it is a newer model with vintage tuners, it could also be an SC245 (but it would state so on the truss rod cover). If it's a newer model with locking tuners, it could also be an SC250 (dito on the TRC). This one had uncovered pickups.

Now to make things more confusing, there was also a semihollow version of the first Singlecut which came with locking tuners as well (if I'm informed correctly). Don't know when that was built though.

Pics would definitely help.
    Alex

What he said. SCs were stop tails out of the gate. The SCT came later, and if I am not mistaken, had a thinner body. I have a 2001 SC in platinum that was made by the AR team and has the PRS adjustable stop tail. It is also probably the most badass PRS I have played (well next to Frankie's Casper, which I've played too).