Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about rosewood necks...is this one BRW or IRW??

Must have missed that on BaM!

I can tell you for fact that they made indian rosewood necks in 2001 cause I own one, In 2001 the Indian rosewood neck was an option that you had to custom order.
    Mine is not marked with "I" or "B" but is for sure a solid raw Indian rosewood neck. One way to tell is that the IRW is much darker chocolate color where as the BRW
    is much lighter almost tan. hope that helps!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bfitz View Post
    I can tell you for fact that they made indian rosewood necks in 2001 cause I own one, In 2001 the Indian rosewood neck was an option that you had to custom order.
    Mine is not marked with "I" or "B" but is for sure a solid raw Indian rosewood neck. One way to tell is that the IRW is much darker chocolate color where as the BRW

Careful now....I've seen lots of BRW necks that were darker than IRW in my PRS travels. Seen some pretty light colored IRW as well.
    PRS's BRW has shown wide fluctuation in its coloring... I've seen lots of BRW PRS with necks that were almost black...and I've seen some necks that were very light colored, or necks that changed shade dramatically from top to bottom.

I mean, look at Hans' quintessential BRW "MOAB" Mac....I'd call that neck as close to black as it gets.....

Quote Originally Posted by bfitz View Post
    One way to tell is that the IRW is much darker chocolate color where as the BRW
    NA
    Sh*tter's full

Hans' MOAB?

Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Hans' MOAB?
    The self proclaimed "Mother of all Brazilians"

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    The self proclaimed "Mother of all Brazilians"
    Ya Gotta admit...that is one cool axe!!!
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
    It is probably an innocent mistake. A reputable dealer would not likely jeopardize their reputation by deliberately misrepresenting IRW as BRW.
    I had the same thing happen. GC had a McRosie I was interested in. They had it advertised as BRW but I checked the MODCAT and it said IRW. I showed them the MODCAT decoder and they dropped the price enough that I bought it.

And for the other part of the conversation, my IRW is much lighter than my BRW. Here is the IRW McRosie...

Here is the BRW...
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2003 Standard 22, 2003 Cu24 AP, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2010 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus Custom

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe