Thread: Dave Knudson

DGT Club Vice President

Dave Knudson

Anyone else enjoying the pictures and article in the Premier Guitar on Minus the Bear? I need my Goldtop McTrem back!

mgd

DGTs

DGT Club Vice President

mgd

DGTs

Heres a pic I lifted from the magazine.

DGT Club Vice President
    That's the cool shot. LOVE IT!

mgd

DGTs

What's all that white stuff near the trem? Did he tape the selector switch to stay in the neck pickup position?
    Alex

It is a puzzling setup all around....

Selector switch bondaged into 'neck', he's got a tremolo, but no bar....

I'm guessing he never uses the bridge pup. He also appears to refuse to whammy...
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

DGT Club Vice President
    I don't know what's the deal there....but he's an "owner" and I love that!

mgd

DGTs

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    It is a puzzling setup all around....

Selector switch bondaged into 'neck', he's got a tremolo, but no bar....

I'm guessing he never uses the bridge pup. He also appears to refuse to whammy...
    There seem to be a lot of PRS players that buy the guitars with the trems without ever using them. The trem apparently contributes to the sound in a way that appeals to people and for some, it is more comfortable as a hand rest than the stop tail. I like both. I have a DGT Standard and almost never use the trem. But I love the sound of the guitar and the feel of the trem is nice.

EDIT: maybe they intended the band name to be "Minus the Bar" but a spelling mistake happened?

Not using the bridge pickup is interesting though. Maybe that's just his signature sound?
    Last edited by Fox77; 10-11-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Duncan View Post
    I don't know what's the deal there....but he's an "owner" and I love that!
    I was going to say the same thing but then I thought, "no I don't want to open that can of worms, so I'll let Duncan do it" LOL

Well Shawn I have to agree looks like that can has officially been open next question is who is gonna stir the pot ?
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Even a Goldtop with half a roll of tape on it is cool in my book. 'Course, that's just me.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I don't have a Goldtop PRS of some kind. Maybe someday...

'Goldtop-less'
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Quote Originally Posted by Fox77 View Post
    There seem to be a lot of PRS players that buy the guitars with the trems without ever using them. The trem apparently contributes to the sound in a way that appeals to people and for some, it is more comfortable as a hand rest than the stop tail. I like both. I have a DGT Standard and almost never use the trem. But I love the sound of the guitar and the feel of the trem is nice.
    That would be me. Never use the trem & sometimes will block on certain guitars...to me they play easier than the stoptails, and I like the neck angle better. They seem to have a slightly more "airy" or "open" tonal quality to them as well IMO.

DGT Club Vice President
    I've said it before (and it was me, not Kevin) and I'll say it again: all DGTs are Goldtops, the rest are just mistakes.

That aside, as this not being a DGT thread, I love Dave's McCarty...I'm not sure what's up with the tape other than he REALLY doesn't want that switch to engage the bridge or mid.

I just love how he's got that thang out there working! He's not concerned about the resale value on that bad boy....OWNED. Oh yes.

mgd

DGTs

Well, my dgt is black and it's all hog to boot. Pretty good sounding mistake if you ask me
    Alex

Cool, I'll have to check that out.
    Great band to see live too.