Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Hear it . Who's ordered a 408

Mine arrived last week from Guitar Sanctuary. I love it. I am new to forum and have not figured out the posting of pics yet. Mine is 10 top Trampas green.

Quote Originally Posted by 1990Custom View Post
    Mine arrived last week from Guitar Sanctuary. I love it. I am new to forum and have not figured out the posting of pics yet. Mine is 10 top Trampas green.
    Welcome and congrats! To post pictures you first need to host the photo somewhere - I like to use Tinyurl.com for single photos or Flickr.com if I want to store a lot of photos. Once you upload the photo, you post the photo link in between image tags, which are [ i m g] url [ / i m g ], but without the spaces. Sorry its hard to explain. Hope that helps!
    Last edited by themike; 10-22-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Mine arrived last week. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to play it live through an amp yet. Playing it through my Mustang Floor at home, I will say that the single coils are quite strong and there certainly is a variety of sounds here. Nice not to have the volume drop when you switch to single coil. Love the Trampas Green finish!

Im still contemplating getting one but then again I want a lot of guitars right nown

Beautiful Guitar John . Congrats on the new aquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Mine arrived last week. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to play it live through an amp yet. Playing it through my Mustang Floor at home, I will say that the single coils are quite strong and there certainly is a variety of sounds here. Nice not to have the volume drop when you switch to single coil. Love the Trampas Green finish!

My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Gah, so jealous. Desperately want either an MT in Faded Blue Jean or Mahogany in Charcoal. Rosewood necks. One day!

This one (the one on his leg) is waiting for me to pick up at my dealer after a successful negotiation that wrested it from Paul. I heard it played by both Paul and Nicky Moroch through a bunch of amps and it sounded great:

Mike
    Last edited by yakbass; 11-06-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Added Photo.

Quote Originally Posted by yakbass View Post
    This one (the one on his leg) is waiting for me to pick up at my dealer after a successful negotiation that wrested it from Paul. I heard it played by both Paul and Nicky Moroch through a bunch of amps and it sounded great:

Mike
    Wow nice Private Stock! What's the neck on this one?

My new addition

Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    Wow nice Private Stock! What's the neck on this one?
    Pernambuco with a coco (I think) fingerboard. An amazing sounding guitar with a cool history. A serious addition to my stable.

Mike

My "Frosty" should ship tomorrow. STD w/ Rosie WF neck. Can't wait to compare him to Abby!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Pernambuco with a coco (I think) fingerboard. An amazing sounding guitar with a cool history. A serious addition to my stable.

Mike
    Way cool! That's going to be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by crgtr View Post
    My "Frosty" should ship tomorrow. STD w/ Rosie WF neck. Can't wait to compare him to Abby!
    and we can't wait for the video!!!

Mike
    That's funny, I was with Paul shortly after that, at the Wood Library to order a Private Stock and out to dinner, and he told us that story! Good for you, awesome guitar!!
    Ted Club President

I accidentally bought a 408 Standard Stoptail this week, incoming!

Ted Club President

Can you have too many? Buildermike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MA Pete View Post
    I accidentally bought a 408 Standard Stoptail this week, incoming!

So your wallet accidentally fell on the floor and the Dealer pounced on it and quickly rang the register?

Quote Originally Posted by south89 View Post
    Beautiful Guitar John . Congrats on the new aquisition.
    Thanks Matt. I have played it live a couple of times now and it has not disappointed. I am not normally a believer in one-guitar-does-it-all philosophy but I have to say that this one covers quite a bit of ground. Lovin' it!

Quote Originally Posted by MA Pete View Post
    That's funny, I was with Paul shortly after that, at the Wood Library to order a Private Stock and out to dinner, and he told us that story! Good for you, awesome guitar!!
    Pray tell, how did the story go? All i know is the ending :>)

Mike

I've never liked the 513 and that one guitar covering so many sounds is something I never liked, until.... I got my hands on a 408 during the Experience. there's a Std with rosewood neck on my wish list.

This gentleman, is how GAS is stoked. Drool....

Quote Originally Posted by Buildermike View Post
    So your wallet accidentally fell on the floor and the Dealer pounced on it and quickly rang the register?
    Something like that!

On the dealer's eBay listing, I made an offer. I got some sort of error message or something that made me think that the offer was below the limit they set to automatically refuse the offer. So I moved on and forgot about it, and kept on searching and thinking about it.

Then the next day, I got an email saying the offer was accepted and another email with the invoice.

I was like "hmm, I guess I just bought a 408!" LOL...
    Ted Club President