Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: Let's Hear it . Who's ordered a 408

  1. #41
    Senior Member MA Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by yakbass View Post
    Pray tell, how did the story go? All i know is the ending :>)

    Mike
    That he went to do the dealer demo night, and some guy was relentless about wanting his guitar. So he finally surrendered and gave up the guitar.

    Well done!
    Ted Club President

  2. #42
    Can you have too many? Buildermike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NoVA & MA when I can
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by MA Pete View Post
    Something like that!

    On the dealer's eBay listing, I made an offer. I got some sort of error message or something that made me think that the offer was below the limit they set to automatically refuse the offer. So I moved on and forgot about it, and kept on searching and thinking about it.

    Then the next day, I got an email saying the offer was accepted and another email with the invoice.

    I was like "hmm, I guess I just bought a 408!" LOL...
    Too funny. I kind of did the same thing. I made an offer that was not accepted until a week later. I received an email saying from eBay that I owed a seller money. At first I thought my account was hacked, but no it was me.

  3. #43
    Senior Member MA Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildermike View Post
    Too funny. I kind of did the same thing. I made an offer that was not accepted until a week later. I received an email saying from eBay that I owed a seller money. At first I thought my account was hacked, but no it was me.
    Thanks for sharing that, I feel better knowing someone else did a similar thing!
    Ted Club President

  4. #44
    Prince of Paisley iahawk36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Country
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by MA Pete View Post
    Thanks for sharing that, I feel better knowing someone else did a similar thing!
    Well done Pete...that's exactly how I ended up with my Original Sewell 2x12 too....sometimes ridiculously low offers ARE accepted!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

  5. #45
    Senior Member MA Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawk36 View Post
    Well done Pete...that's exactly how I ended up with my Original Sewell 2x12 too....sometimes ridiculously low offers ARE accepted!
    Yup, I learned that from yankeebulldog. He is the KING of getting sweet deals off eBay, including the nicest R9 I have ever played, at a price that blew me away. (Still have Dibs on that one!)
    Ted Club President

  6. #46
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,886
    Quote Originally Posted by yakbass View Post
    This one (the one on his leg) is waiting for me to pick up at my dealer after a successful negotiation that wrested it from Paul. I heard it played by both Paul and Nicky Moroch through a bunch of amps and it sounded great:



    Mike
    sweet!!! that is a sick looking guitar!
    -Bob

  7. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    17
    I want 2 one standard seafoam green w/rosewood neck the other one i think i will have to wait i want a quilt top w/Rosewood Neck mixed hardware but i want an Artist Package and thats not available yet oooo i want it in Amethyst purple

  8. #48
    I have succumbed to the lure of a Sig Ltd stoptail at my dealer's.

  9. #49
    Senior Member MA Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I have succumbed to the lure of a Sig Ltd stoptail at my dealer's.
    Nice! Look forward to your review of pickups.

    Something Mahogany showed up here today!
    Ted Club President

  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    sweet!!! that is a sick looking guitar!
    Here's a better picture of Paul's old beater :>)

    Last edited by yakbass; 11-10-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Added Photo

  11. #51
    Senior Member MA Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    482
    Awesome!! Just read the specs on Brian's site - Pernambuco Neck?!? You lucky dog, those are only available now on Collection Guitars!

    This is basically a Violin Guitar without the Celtic Knots, and with 408 pickups.

    Also I just noticed this has the pickup config of the Collection IV, a Bass pickup in the Treble position, with the Treble wind. A very unique guitar!!
    Ted Club President

  12. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    44

    408

    Quote Originally Posted by MA Pete View Post
    Awesome!! Just read the specs on Brian's site - Pernambuco Neck?!? You lucky dog, those are only available now on Collection Guitars!

    This is basically a Violin Guitar without the Celtic Knots, and with 408 pickups.

    Also I just noticed this has the pickup config of the Collection IV, a Bass pickup in the Treble position, with the Treble wind. A very unique guitar!!
    Built with a Pattern Neck, Honduran rosewood fretboard, Mammoth Ivory birds, a Sterling Silver headstock eagle, and a stop tail. I am very fortunate that Paul was gracious enough to part with it.

    A truly unique guitar, and a wonderful addition to my herd. Thanks Paul and all the folks who had a hand in the creation of, and then my acquisition of this guitar.

    Mike

  13. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    I just ordered a Standard in Powder Blue from Guitar Sanctuary. Comes Friday, and I am really stoked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •