Thread: How to drain the Battery in the P22

Red face How to drain the Battery in the P22

Learned something new about the P22 and though I'd share and maybe save somebody else a couple of bucks...

I’ve been through a couple of batteries on the P22. I figured out I drained the first one by leaveing the cable plugged in in the Piezo side. So I figured if I could leave the G50 transmitter plugged in on the MAG/Piezo 1/4” Jack as long as I had the mini switch in the electric pickups only position... WRONG. Second battery lasted about a week. Lessoned learned - keep cables out of the 1/4” unless you’re playing - to extend battery life.
    Last edited by Rango; 10-20-2012 at 09:10 PM.

I've learned that lesson ... Too many times.
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

Seems to be the norm for battery operated piezo systems. Leave them unplugged until you are ready to play....
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

I guess that makes sense! I always unplug my guitars anyway when not playing them. I have seen way too many times where someone walks through and trips over chord and well when it is still plugged in!

Quote Originally Posted by leeasam View Post
    I guess that makes sense! I always unplug my guitars anyway when not playing them. I have seen way too many times where someone walks through and trips over chord and well when it is still plugged in!
    Oh ya, not taking that chance!

But the G50 Transmitter in clipped on the strap and my fear was the loose 1/4" swinging around could ding something.

After 3.5 years the battery in my HBII died, however that only happened because I finally forgot to unplug it.