Does PRS have a guitar for me?
Looking for a new solid body electric guitar and want to see if I should look into any PRS models. Here are my specific requirements.
1) I play exclusively sitting down. The guitar needs to be well balanced while sitting - without a strap - and weigh less than 8 pounds.
2) Want a forearm contour for comfort. I love the feel of the strat shape, although a belly contour is not as important.
3) I play fingerstyle. My right hand should rest between pickups (strat not good for this, tele is.)
4) No tremolo bar needed, pickups designed for clean playing rather than shredder/distortion.
5) Budget of $1000 or less for a stock model. (Anything more and I'd consider getting a custom axe that I have my eyes on for about 2 grand.)
Thanks for any suggestions!