View Poll Results: Who shall be the President of the DGT Fan Club until the next election (Nov 2016)?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • BostonGuitar (Pres) & Mike Duncan (VP)

26 63.41%
  • Harker1440 (Pres) & Twinfan (VP)

6 14.63%
  • aristotle (Pres) & rugerpc (VP)

9 21.95%
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ELECTION TIME! (DGT Fan Club)

Welcome back to the No Spin Zone!

After a bewitching tropical storm this past Halloween week, the DGT Fan Club Presidential Election has been swept back into action!

The incumbents Boston/Duncan have seemed to unveil a campaign strategy aimed at middle-aged sub/urban voters, there are at least two independent advertisements and postings that should appeal to this under-represented demographic of DGT players who listen to Hip-hop.

[IMG][/IMG]

and what appears to be their main campaign theme:

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGuitar View Post
    "It's like that..."

It is unclear who is doing market research for Boston/Duncan ,but the ads have already been proven 98% effective in my immediate vicinity... but there is one thing that might bother voters...A Gibson Les Paul.

The VP from the Equal Temp. Party has fired back pointing out the misstep about including an "Evil doer" brand of guitar in his campaign ads, while simultaneously unveiling another new prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Unbelievable. The current Prez posts a pic of a GIBSON as his bona fide??!?!?
    We are proud to present another prototype - the DGT.

The BS DGT. Revolution. Evolution. Pure BS.

Next we find out that the VP candidate has as of recent suspiciously acquired his DGT hang tags:
    The aristotle/rugerpc Equal Temperament Party ticket rides the wave...

Here appears to be the same guitar as the proposed "prototype" BS DGT. Is this really an altered photo of an actual DGT model? Could this be an elaborate trick the Equal Temp. is playing on the voters? Why has no picture of the headstock, hang tags, modcat, or warranty registration ever been made public? Could they be trying to hide something from the voters? Could an unnamed source speculate that a proposed, while highly probable, solution that might pertain to the assertion, that the VP candidate has never released documentation, because his DGT looks Something like this?

[IMG][/IMG]

Can the validity of any candidates instruments be outside of the realm of speculation?

Can you "get with this"?

[IMG][/IMG]

When reached (or copy/pasted and taken out of context) for comment, only aristotle/rugerpc cared to reply:
    Scandalous!
    While neither an admission or denial, it is at least a comment, so this reporter will give them a break.

The Green have announced something big.

While I don't know what could be bigger than owning the only 100% completely verifiable, unmolested, made for a certain someone, DGT in the race could be...??
    I'm all ears.

Confusion over the debate, and the actual election has apparently upset the elderly enough to warrant an official clarification:
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B]As promised, the Debate has been rescheduled.... The new date/time is Monday the 5th of November.
    Just in case that information has not been clearly explained to voters, the following statement released should make the dates quite clear:

It's on Sunday.

Thank you, and goodnight.

DGT Club President BostonGuitar's Avatar
    The president would humbly request a change in schedule for the debate as he will be delivering his children somewhere safe between 7 and 8:30 PM EST on Sunday. If we could start at 9:00 EST it would be greatly appreciated. No pressure of course. I am only the President.
    Official DGT Club President 2008-2016
    "Lucky": 2012 McCartyBurst PRS DGT Moons (59/09 Neck Pickup)
    "Lucy G": 2008 GoldTop/DarkBack PRS DGT Birds(57/08 Pickup)
    "Lester": 2007 GoldTop/DarkBack Les Paul R0(59/09-57/08)

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGuitar View Post
    The president would humbly request a change in schedule for the debate as he will be delivering his children somewhere safe between 7 and 8:30 PM EST on Sunday. If we could start at 9:00 EST it would be greatly appreciated. No pressure of course. I am only the President.
    You're good, Kev. 7PM Mountain time is 9PM Eastern.
    One Life

aristotle is engaged in Sandy Storm cleanup on the Eastern Shore, MD. He will be flying home tomorrow. It is not clear yet whether he will be available for the Debate tomorrow night.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Veep as proxy?
    One Life

The aristotle/rugerpc campaign just received confirmation of a few details about the other candidates which we feel it is our duty to pass to the electorate. Sensitive passages have been redacted by the investigating agency, but rest assured, a full report has been forwarded to the election oversight committee and to DGh and PRSh. A sample is included below

INTERIM REPORT
    Dewey, Cheatem & Howe Investigations
    258 Street
    Pango Pango, American Samoa
    Tel. 79.226.349

After lengthy investigation, we have found the following information about the target subjects as listed below.

BostonGuitar:
    We managed to get photographic evidence of this subject ing a in a hotel parking lot. Photos and Police Report attached. In addition to his usual...
    Last edited by rugerpc; 11-03-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

An excellent idea, Rango!!

Do I take this as an acceptance to be the aristotle/rugerpc Equal Temperament Party's nominee for Secretary of Mods?
    Happy to serve in anyway I can

Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    Happy to serve in anyway I can
    Excellent.

With Rango on board as nominee for our Secretary of Mods, the aristotle/rugerpc ticket would like to extend an invitation to themike to serve as our Secretary of 7 Strings and Official Bogus Credential and Badge Czar.
    Thbbbbbt...

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Tune in for the 1st DGT Club President debate tonight!

7PM (Mountain), 9PM Eastern.

One Life

4 and 1/2 hours to go! Got your popcorn handy?
    One Life

After having suspended campaign events to selflessly (er....well...if you consider supervising contractors at the aristotle Eastern Shore compound selfless anyway) I am ready to re-engage with the electorate! Bring it on!!

Just under 2 hours from right now, Candidates from around the globe will be battling it out for YOUR vote.

Who will be the next President of the DGT Club?

You decide!

Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ; 11-04-2012 at 06:12 PM.
    One Life

command: upload ballot stuffing virus x23

Last edited by rugerpc; 11-04-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    Thbbbbbt...

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

DGT Club Vice President

hopefully no hanging Chads.

mgd

DGTs

T-Minus 50 Minutes...
    One Life

T-Minus 30 minutes to start time.

The presentation of rules will begin in 20 minutes.
    One Life

Rules? Or laws?

THE RULES:

1) All forum rules apply. DO NOT, under any circumstances, ruin the fun by dipping your toes into "other" elections.

2) The will be 4 questions and 4 opportunities for everyone to respond to the answers posted by the candidates. Only Presidential Candidates may respond to the 4 questions during the 10 minutes that follow. After 10 minutes has passed, the window will be closed and a 5-minute window will open for retort. ANY member of the Official PRS Guitars forum may respond to the answers provided by the candidates. The 5-minute window opens when I post "FREE FOR ALL". It closes when I post the next question. I will delete "FREE FOR ALL" comments made after I post the next question.

3) Candidates may NOT edit their post(s). If any response by a candidate shows an edit notification at the bottom, it will be deleted. No exceptions.

4) No misquotes. If you quote someone, don't change what they said. You may, however, take it out of context. LOL

5) I reserve the right to change the rules whenever I want to.

Ready fellas?
    One Life

I see the challengers each stand at a dirty soapbox while the incumbent sits on a high throne? That just ain't right....
    Thbbbbbt...

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

THE RULES:

1) All forum rules apply. DO NOT, under any circumstances, ruin the fun by dipping your toes into "other" elections.

2) The will be 4 questions and 4 opportunities for everyone to respond to the answers posted by the candidates. Only Presidential Candidates may respond to the 4 questions during the 10 minutes that follow. After 10 minutes has passed, the window will be closed and a 5-minute window will open for retort. ANY member of the Official PRS Guitars forum may respond to the answers provided by the candidates. The 5-minute window opens when I post "FREE FOR ALL". It closes when I post the next question. I will delete "FREE FOR ALL" comments made after I post the next question.

3) Candidates may NOT edit their post(s). If any response by a candidate shows an edit notification at the bottom, it will be deleted. No exceptions.

4) No misquotes. If you quote someone, don't change what they said. You may, however, take it out of context. LOL

5) I reserve the right to change the rules whenever I want to.

Ready fellas?
    I am BostonGuitar, and I approve of this massage...