View Poll Results: Who shall be the President of the DGT Fan Club until the next election (Nov 2016)?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • BostonGuitar (Pres) & Mike Duncan (VP)

26 63.41%
  • Harker1440 (Pres) & Twinfan (VP)

6 14.63%
  • aristotle (Pres) & rugerpc (VP)

9 21.95%
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ELECTION TIME! (DGT Fan Club)

Question #1
    The following excerpt comes from David Grissom's website (davidgrissom.com):

"David Grissom is one of Texas' premier Rock, Blues, and Americana guitarists who has toured and recorded with artists such as Storyville, John Mellencamp, Joe Ely, The Allman Brothers Band, Dixie Chicks, James McMurtry, Webb Wilder, Chris Isaak, Robben Ford, Ringo Starr, Buddy Guy, John Mayall, and many others.

David moved to Austin in 1983 and quickly became a stalwart on the vibrant local scene playing with both Lucinda Williams and Lou Ann Barton. He joined Texas legend Joe Ely’s band in 1985 and toured and recorded nonstop until 1991 when he joined John Mellencamp’s band. David made 3 records with John and toured extensively from 1991 through 1993. After, Mellencamp, David went back to Texas to form Storyville, the band that included the Double Trouble rhythm section and powerhouse vocalist Malford Milligan. He recently played on Buddy Guy’s 2011 Grammy Award winning Living Proof CD. He is the author of the book “A Guide To Blues/Rock Guitar Soloing.”

In 2007 Paul Reed Smith introduced the DGT, David’s signature model guitar that represents the culmination of a 25 year relationship working with Paul on the design and improvements of their guitars from a touring/session player’s perspective. He is also currently working with Doug Sewell and PRS to help develop their new line of amps."

The office of "President of the DGT Fan Club" is a fictional office with no real authority. It's all about being a fan of the man and his guitars. ESPECIALLY his guitar. It could be said that the President of the DGT Fan Club should be the biggest fan. Whoever gets the winning vote has some degree of responsibility to represent the DGT in the light it deserves. We're just having fun but David Grissom and Paul Smith have made a sincere investment to make this guitar so amazing.

So... if you unseat Kevin, the current and original President of the DGT Fan Club, how will you carry the torch? How will you keep it fun but respect the hard work that brought us this guitar? What does the DGT Club President really do besides post "Your President approves" in every DGT thread?

One Life

Standing by my podium, looking very presidential if I do say so myself.

5 minutes before the FREE FOR ALL response round.

For those just joining us, see the debate rules posted in #158.
    One Life

Hope my last post isn't counted as my response! Sent it before seeing Question 1.

Anywho.... The office of the president provides me, as well as my esteemed cabinet, with the bully pulpit to sing the praises of the guitar, the man, and the company. The DGT really is an astounding guitar, with great feel, a unique (and in my opinion) unmatched set of pickups, ergonomic controls, and a variety of looks. The aristotle ticket is dedicated to the promotion of the DGT to the everyman. We're not just about posting cool pics....we're about breaking the stuffy mold to appeal to all. We gig this stuff, we love this stuff, and we look good doing it!

DGT Club President BostonGuitar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post

So... if you unseat Kevin, the current and original President of the DGT Fan Club, how will you carry the torch? How will you keep it fun but respect the hard work that brought us this guitar? What does the DGT Club President really do besides post "Your President approves" in every DGT thread?

Since I cannot "unseat Kevin", do I need to answer this question? <chuckle> #debatehumor

And what torch is this, anyway? Can it burn things? I am ALL about fun, and clearly have waxed poetic about my respect for the hard work that brought us this guitar. Since the day at the 2007 experience I first saw/heard it in action, I was enamoured. I researched to the bone and REALLY wanted to know more about this quest to improve the McCarty(a love of my life). Was I fearful of big strings? YES! Was I fearful that the neck would not jive with my hands? YES! But I learned, persevered, and it has become the best single guitar a man could own... I have preached the gospel to BAM and VR and PRS Official, and I have spread the good word to the general public through Facebook! I tell every soul I meet about this guitar, and I try to enable ANYONE on the fence about one to take that plunge. Encouragement, respect, and a lot of fun. Not to meantion...

"the force..."
    Official DGT Club President 2008-2016
    "Lucky": 2012 McCartyBurst PRS DGT Moons (59/09 Neck Pickup)
    "Lucy G": 2008 GoldTop/DarkBack PRS DGT Birds(57/08 Pickup)
    "Lester": 2007 GoldTop/DarkBack Les Paul R0(59/09-57/08)

60 second warning...
    One Life

FREE FOR ALL!

For the next 5 minutes, any member of this forum may respond to the answers provided.
    One Life

Where the hell is Harker?
    One Life

Er, Mr Moderator...

Can you please explain why you have made all of the candidates wear these 'invisible fence' dog collars? Just what are Buuuzzzzzaaaaap! OUCH!

Oh, I see. They are Buuuuzzzaaaap! OUCH!

...they are Buuuuuuuuuzzzzzaaaaap! QUIT IT! I get it! I get it!
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

DGT Club President BostonGuitar's Avatar
    On his way home from the steelers game, I believe... lol
    Official DGT Club President 2008-2016
    "Lucky": 2012 McCartyBurst PRS DGT Moons (59/09 Neck Pickup)
    "Lucy G": 2008 GoldTop/DarkBack PRS DGT Birds(57/08 Pickup)
    "Lester": 2007 GoldTop/DarkBack Les Paul R0(59/09-57/08)

Are we still taking "write ins?"
    Sh*tter's full

I move that his name be dropped from the ballot!
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    I move that his name be dropped from the ballot!
    Motion denied.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    Are we still taking "write ins?"
    Only if you can write their whole name. In the snow. One take. No help.
    One Life

The DGT club president should be the biggest cheerleader for the DGT in whatever variant - new, old, pritistine or modded to the max. The current Prez only wants to sit on his Laurals (and maybe a few Hardies), and Harker only wants 'pure' DGTs to come out of the factory and also that they never be modded by the user in any way. On top of that, Harker can't even find his way to his soap box. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the driver we lent him LOL

The aristotle/rugerpc ticket wants to welcome anyone who has even just a serious interest in DGTs to the club. How else to help the masses to ownership?
    Thbbbbbt...

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

You do realize The Walking Dead" is on, right?
    Sh*tter's full

Only if you can write their whole name. In the snow. One take. No help.
    yellow only?
    Sh*tter's full

sic 'em rugerpc!!!

Motion denied.
    ...but Buuuuuuuuuzzzzzaaaaap!

OK!

OK!
    Thbbbbbt...

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

DGT Club Vice President
    I ordered my David Grissom Trem the minute the MODCAT was available for entry in the computer system. Brian Meader called me and said, "it's being announced...the David Grissom model is a reality!"

That was July 12, 2007...the order was placed - GOLDTOP and MOONS. June 11, 2008 - the code was broken...the finish would finally stop cracking and I took delivery of the most important guitar in history since the Telecaster, Les Paul, or Stratocaster, a Paul Reed Smith David Grissom Trem!

We had a rocky start with a few trips back to the factory - B and G wouldn't stay in tune, tuners stripped, the three way switch failed. But the good times were always there and I stayed true to my nine pound six ounce tone monster!

With the PTC came with a new and exciting time! 57/08s were installed - Len Johnson was shocked how played in the 6100 fret wire was! Shawn asked my to be a beta tester for a new nut material - back to the factory we went and the original DGT pickup went back into the bridge slot.

I won't even mention the one piece topped sunburst that was eventually sold to our own Hans! Or the DGT 2011 with its V12 finish and original Phase IIs with the new moons. Or the Standard in Frost Blue Metallic...these guitars are my passion! I have other guitars, I don't play them...I have taken my Goldtop EVERYWHERE. It IS what I play, it is who I AM!

mgd

DGTs