View Poll Results: Who shall be the President of the DGT Fan Club until the next election (Nov 2016)?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • BostonGuitar (Pres) & Mike Duncan (VP)

26 63.41%
  • Harker1440 (Pres) & Twinfan (VP)

6 14.63%
  • aristotle (Pres) & rugerpc (VP)

9 21.95%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ELECTION TIME! (DGT Fan Club)

So you admit that you hired and paid a company to sabotage the other campaigns and that you caved under pressure and bought a DGT after the fact Hmmmmmmm not the leadership I'm looking for what say you My Fellow Forum Members??
    Last edited by Harker1440; 11-01-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Wrong catch phrase !

Quote Originally Posted by Harker1440 View Post
    ...what say you America?
    This is an international forum with international voters for an international club.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © View Post
    ★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆

As promised, the Debate has been rescheduled. The new date/time is Sunday, the 4th, at 7PM (Mountain Time). Rules for the debate will be announced when it begins.

The Election will occur on Monday the 5th of November. Candidates are encouraged to link the election to their social media. Only members will be able to cast a vote.

I appreciate that you guys have used the election of the DGT Club President as a way to blow off steam, keep it playful, and remember that, in the end, we are all friends. The "Other" election (the discussion of which remains strictly forbidden) has failed to produce the same result.

It is with feigned great sadness that I announce I am terminating my exploratory campaign. The announced debate time conflicts with Dexter, and I can't delay Dexter because my Minister of, uh, Wifely Affections will unilaterally take shutdown actions if I do.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by Harker1440 View Post
    So you admit that you hired and paid a company to sabotage the other campaigns and that you caved under pressure and bought a DGT after the fact Hmmmmmmm not the leadership I'm looking for what say you America?
    As out moderator points out, this is an international club. Here we see that the H/T ticket intends to hog all of the DGTs for the American market and 'dem ferriners', to use words overheard by our wiretaps, can just go without.

aristotle/rugerpc recognizes the internationality of the club and the appeal of the DGT to all the peoples of the Earth (even bass players). As proof of our international commitment, one only needs look to our very first staff posting of Albrecht Smuten as the VP candidate's international hit man - er - chief of staff.

We are also confident that the people will also recognize that the Equal Temperament Party's VP candidate is pro-active in seeking new DGT model choices by his commissioning of the DGDGBD DGT he is now testing. That he bought it in a sweaty panic due to constant harping from the other campaigns about being some type of carpetbagger without credentials has not a word of (verifiable) truth.

Attached, please find a job application to re-staff our 501 C3.

Application (please print or draw primitive pictures)
    Name
    Quailfications
    Do you know the meaning of the phrase "dirty tricks"?
    Are you comfortable with the concept of the "casting couch"?
    Are you a mole? Would you tell us if your were?

Submit application with a bikini dossier photo.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ¡sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post

Submit application with a bikini cross-dossier photo.
    Are you mocking me?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    It is with feigned great sadness that I announce I am terminating my exploratory campaign. The announced debate time conflicts with Dexter, and I can't delay Dexter because my Minister of, uh, Wifely Affections will unilaterally take shutdown actions if I do.
    Failure to respond to the questions might be a good strategy. The debate will not be a deciding factor for your participation - though it may impact the decision of the voters.

Either way, don't blame anyone for your decision. Quit on your own terms.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Are you mocking me?!?!
    Far be it from me to mock the Fourth Estate. Even if do you twist my words like a g-string on a tuning peg.

To borrow a line from Blazing Saddles, "Boy, is he strict!"
    Last edited by rugerpc; 11-01-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon

Far be it from me to mock the Fourth Estate. Even if do you twist my words like a g-string on a tuning peg.
    I thought it was because Craig nominated me for the Green party's FBI position, J. Edgar hoover was a well known (and loved) cross-dossier too.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I thought it was because Craig nominated me for the Green party's FBI position, J. Edgar hoover was a well known (and loved) cross-dossier too.
    Well, the rumors of J. Edgar Hoover's cross-dossiering are at least unsubstantiated....

If the bikini fits......
    Thbbbbbt...
    Lexicon

Oh, you can taunt, but I am not a quiiter, and I won't stop quitting just because of this! What kind of leader would I be if I were so easily manipulated???
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

DGT Club President BostonGuitar's Avatar

"It's like that..."

"It's like that..."

Official DGT Club President 2008-2016
    "Lucky": 2012 McCartyBurst PRS DGT Moons (59/09 Neck Pickup)
    "Lucy G": 2008 GoldTop/DarkBack PRS DGT Birds(57/08 Pickup)
    "Lester": 2007 GoldTop/DarkBack Les Paul R0(59/09-57/08)

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonGuitar View Post
    "It's like that..."

More proof of current President's disloyalty to DGT and PRS in general. Please, carry on, you're making it easier for us.

As proof of our international commitment, one only needs look to our very first staff posting of Albrecht Smuten as the VP candidate's international hit man - er - chief of staff.
    Always ready and vigilant, sir. Noone... ahem... everyone is safe under my watch.
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

Quote Originally Posted by Albrecht Smuten View Post
    More proof of current President's disloyalty to DGT and PRS in general. Please, carry on, you're making it easier for us.
    I agree. Multiple thread/forum spamming is really not the behaviour of a President.....

Unbelievable. The current Prez posts a pic of a GIBSON as his bona fide??!?!?

And the Empire Eriza Green candidates edit their posts when they are caught with their pants down?!??

I wonder how the electorate stands for the shenanigans.

Well, you won't find that at the Equal Temperament Party. We have a job before us - the revitalization of the DGT Club. It starts with embracing new members instead of just guarding the door like an angry old man trying to send soup back at a deli. All clubs need new members and new ideas to survive. Granted, the DGT is very nearly the planet's perfect guitar. But even perfection has its unsightly 'beauty marks.'

In addition to not touching the existing DGT line with a 10 foot pole as to changes, we also see the need to broaden the base by offering new models and options along side of the venerated line.

We are proud to present another prototype - the DGTØ.

Gone are the distracting knobs and switches. Controls are now via a breakthrough Brain Scan/Brain Switching module - BS for short. With this evolutionary interface, you merely need think about what you want the electronics to do and it happens.

Superfast and noisless switching between pickups, coil tapping, tone control and volume are only a Brain Storm away.

The BS DGTØ. Revolution. Evolution. Pure BS.

aristotle/rugerpc - choices for everyone.
    Last edited by rugerpc; 11-02-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: edited with my pants on...
    Thbbbbbt...
    Lexicon

We are proud to present another prototype - the DGTØ.

Gone are the distracting knobs and switches. Controls are now via a breakthrough Brain Scan/Brain Switching module - BS for short. With this evolutionary interface, you merely need think about what you want the electronics to do and it happens.

Superfast and noisless switching between pickups, coil tapping, tone control and volume are only a Brain Storm away.

The BS DGTØ. Revolution. Evolution. Pure BS.

aristotle/rugerpc - choices for everyone.
    Coming soon ! -> Look for the The DGT0/PDGT IPhone app !
    Favoite's stored and key'd to your set list!
    Background skins in your favorite DGT colors!
    Last edited by Rango; 11-02-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Big Announcement Coming Soon !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    Coming soon ! -> Look for the The DGTØ/PDGT IPhone app !
    Favoite's stored and key'd to your set list!
    Background skins in your favorite DGT colors!
    An excellent idea, Rango!!

Do I take this as an acceptance to be the aristotle/rugerpc Equal Temperament Party's nominee for Secretary of Mods?
    Thbbbbbt...
    Lexicon

★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆

Dear Candidates for the office of DGT Club President (and respective cabinet members),

In an effort to help me prepare for Sunday night's debate I have prepared a series of sample questions. I would like you to take this time to determine how you, collectively, will coordinate a response to each of the debate questions. In all cases, your final answer is to be posted by the person running for the top seat. It is the responsibility of the Presidential Candidate to ensure his response speaks for his entire party.

You will have 10 minutes to post (and edit) your response. Once the 10 minute window has expired, you will each have 5 minutes (in a free-for-all format) to retort. That 5 minute window will INCLUDE comments from members of the audience. In all cases, I will notify you when responses are allowed and when the window closes. Responses posted outside the proper windows will be deleted.

There will be 4 questions, in total. These questions have been carefully selected from hundreds of possibilities. What remain are questions that represent the very pinnacle of pseudo-cork-sniffery.

The debate will begin, promptly, at 7PM (Mountain) this Sunday evening and will end exactly 60 minutes later. It will be held in THIS thread. Quote people often, they're likely to flip-flop on you.

Remember... don't ruin the fun for everyone else by dipping your toes into "other" elections. So far, you guys have been Rockstars. Thank you

So here is your first sample debate question. There is no time restriction for response.

★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆ ★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆

SAMPLE QUESTION #1:
    Mr. Grissom's guitar, the David Grissom Trem (DGT), is based upon a carefully massaged recipe that was developed over two decades. While it's control layout, neck carve, finish, and pickups are unique to the DGT model, many DGT owners just can't seem to nail that signature "Grissom Sound". This fact seems to underscore the notion that tone has as much to do with the player as it does his tools. And so, it begs the question... how much of Mr. Grissom's tone should we attribute to his amazing head of raven-black curls? Which haircut sounded best?

★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆
    Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©; 11-02-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Fixed Debate Date
    One Life

As promised, the Debate has been rescheduled. The new date/time is Sunday, the 4th, at 7PM (Mountain Time). Rules for the debate will be announced when it begins.

The Election will occur on Monday the 5th of November.
    Dear Candidates for the office of DGT Club President (and respective cabinet members),

In an effort to help me prepare for Monday night's debate I have prepared a series of sample questions.

The debate will begin, promptly, at 7PM (Mountain) and will end exactly 60 minutes later. It will be held in THIS thread.
    Errrr..... Mr. Moderator???

Can you please tell us whether the Debate is Sunday or Monday??
    Last edited by rugerpc; 11-02-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Lexicon

I was just checking to see if you were paying attention.

It's on Sunday.
    One Life