Thread: pictures

pictures

Im having trouble posting pictures..Went to FAQ and they said I needed to be registered to search and use FAQ.. But if I werent registered ,I couldnt be posting this. I wanted to post a picture for tech advice. When I hit Images, it wont let me browse my computer, it wants a URL which I am totally lost. This has probably been discussed ad infinitum on this forum, but could someone help me?

In the forum settings tab on the upper right, go to general settings and then scroll down to misc setting...check off this -> Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing. Step 2 get a free picture hosting account on a site like Imgur of something like it (sorry not a big pic dude) then upload some sexy guitar shots to there. Step 3, come back here click on the insert picture button in the quick reply box, copy and past the link from your image and you should be good to go. I find Imgur a bit clunky and a pain in the ass to link to, but it usually works out, others may have an easier way to do this, as I am by no means a pro forum power user.

Thanks Hans

Ahem...so do I have to go and register at another site like Photobucket?

Yup, gotta have a site to host the pics on so you can use the URL to link.

Photobucket works really well and has the links right there on the right sidebar for the pictures for you

http://www.photobucket.com
    ~ Matt

PRS HX/DA | 2x12 Stealth Cab | 2011 Stripped 58 - Angry Larry | 2000 Custom 22 - Dark Cherry Burst
    1985 Takamine GX-100 | 1993 Jackson Soloist XL Pro |Martin Acoustic | Ibanez Acoustic