Thread: SE Zach Myers: Love the Specs, Love the Finish, Hate the Inlay?

SE Zach Myers: Love the Specs, Love the Finish, Hate the Inlay?

Am I the only one who feels this way? I'd love to get one because of the 3 pickups/Singlecut/TonePros setup...but the inlay really turns me off. If it was a blank ebony board, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I could, I suppose, drill out the inlay and replace it...still... :P

Any other people feel the same? Any chance of getting PRS to do one without the giant Fleur-De-Lis?

Myers' inlay is ok to me, but I had that "problem" with the original Tremonti.

I like the inlay and dislike the rest, so I guess it takes all kinds in this world.

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    That's not too bad, although it would still be enough to put me off. I prefer traditionally spaced inlays or none at all.

There was a guitar I would have bought in a heart beat (By another manufacturer) a while back. Everything was perfect with the exception of a single scull and crossbones inlay at the 12th. Ugly.

Each to their own though, I guess.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Quote Originally Posted by SausageofPower View Post
    Am I the only one who feels this way? I'd love to get one because of the 3 pickups/Singlecut/TonePros setup...but the inlay really turns me off. If it was a blank ebony board, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I could, I suppose, drill out the inlay and replace it...still... :P

Any other people feel the same? Any chance of getting PRS to do one without the giant Fleur-De-Lis?
    The way these deals usually go...he got to spec his signature model, including his preferred decor. Maybe they'll come out with your signature SausageofPower model next.

I agree to an extent. I'd, personally, rather have bird or moons or no inlays, but I don't think it's hideous or anything. I'm not sure I could deal with the middle humbucker, though. How do avoid from hitting it, and can it be deactivated to get a bridge + neck combo?