Thread: Dragon 1's

Dragon 1's

I put my set into my2001 STD 22. I dig them but that guitar sounds amazing with about any pickups. That said, I have the ceramic/high output thing covered with the std 24. Thinking about a Duncan 59/PG set or maybe a Seth set. The split coil sound on PAFish pickups is not all that to my ears. I was thinking of using the push/pull to flip the neck pickup to parallel. What are you using in your 22's?

Quote Originally Posted by Audiowonderland View Post
    I put my set into my2001 STD 22. I dig them but that guitar sounds amazing with about any pickups. That said, I have the ceramic/high output thing covered with the std 24. Thinking about a Duncan 59/PG set or maybe a Seth set. The split coil sound on PAFish pickups is not all that to my ears. I was thinking of using the push/pull to flip the neck pickup to parallel. What are you using in your 22's?
    I have a CE22 Standard with Dragon 1's. Perfect there. I would not change them. If I had a maple cap I could see putting the 59's in. I am a SD fan. But the Dragon 1's go so well with the all hog Standard. I love them.
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2003 Standard 22, 2003 Cu24 AP, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2010 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus Custom

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

That said, I have the ceramic/high output thing covered with the std 24.
    The Standard 24 has Dragon I pickups in it or the Vintage Bass/HFS combo?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenCityGuitars View Post
    The Standard 24 has Dragon I pickups in it or the Vintage Bass/HFS combo?
    The Std24 has HFS/VB

The Std24 has HFS/VB
    The VB/HFS combo is not the same as Dragon Is to my ears (different wire, different DC resistance, etc). I would be more apt to swap out the VB/HFS set for something else but that's me. Do you prefer the VB/HFS tone for "the ceramic/high output thing"; are you unhappy with the Dragon Is?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenCityGuitars View Post
    The VB/HFS combo is not the same as Dragon Is to my ears (different wire, different DC resistance, etc). I would be more apt to swap out the VB/HFS set for something else but that's me. Do you prefer the VB/HFS tone for "the ceramic/high output thing"; are you unhappy with the Dragon Is?
    The HFS/VB combo is different, but both fall into the Ceramic / High output category. The split positions with the HFS/VB on the 5way are also excellent for clean sounds. I don't really want to change a thing on that guitar. I have a Cu22 with a Seymour Duncan CC/AP2 set which makes 3 instruments with high output pickups. Admittedly, they are 3 different sounding high output pickups.

Looking to diversify a bit sonically