Thread: Need some help

Need some help

Looking at a piezo eqquipped PRS any recommendations on wiring in it. Pa / di box ( which di box would you recommend) or an acoustic amp like a fender or fishman. Looking for a nice lush sound.

Check out AER amps, Compact 60 for example

I asked the same over on VR a while back... Other than some VERY high end suggestions - The consensus seemed to be the Fishman Aura or the Baggs Venue. I went with the Aura after finding a 20% off deal and I'm quite happy. It's a VERY complete box. The Mic modeling / voicing sounds AMAZING. I've played the rig at band practice and the guys kept commenting on HOW GOOD it sounded.

I'm running straight to my PA system. If I had to go buy something I think I'd find a used Fishman Loud box or Loud Box Mini. I've seen the latter on sale a lot lately - been tempted to pick one up just to have it! Guys over on the Acoustic Guitar Forum have had nothing but praise for the Loud box.
    Last edited by Rango; 11-03-2012 at 06:07 PM.

I recently got back from doing some shows in China and Japan,
    whilst performing at the China Music Messe, I ran across the booth of Mooer pedals.
    They had this little guy on display. I tried it with the P22's Piezo, and it sounded really good!
    So good in fact that I plan to get one to have on the board as a "preamp" type pedal before running into the PA.
    SUper small! And, the EQ switch (Piezo/Standard/jumbo) really made a big difference in tone.
    -Richard Lainegard-
    RichardLainegard.com