Thread: DGT pickup covers question

DGT pickup covers question

Hi guys,

I've posted this in a different thread as well but I'm just wondering what you would recommend for cleaning the brushed pickup covers on the DGTs.
    Mines not a month old and the bridge pickup has stained already.

Thanks
    Sam

Just use a bit of guitar polish....of course since they are brushed looking I would personally leave it.

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samldr1984 View Post
    Hi guys,

I've posted this in a different thread as well but I'm just wondering what you would recommend for cleaning the brushed pickup covers on the DGTs.
    Mines not a month old and the bridge pickup has stained already.

Thanks
    Sam
    Just a thought... consider not wiping them down at all. If anything, rub on them with your hands (especially after playing) and let them age/patina.

If that doesn't float your boat, Maas Metal Polish is a good choice. Just be sure to go with the grain of the brush. Eventually, you'll polish the brushing smooth again. Then... Scotch Brite is your friend.
    One Life

Thanks, I did try a bit of the PRS polish but it didn't do anything. I guess I'll just have to leave them. Thanks

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samldr1984 View Post
    Thanks, I did try a bit of the PRS polish but it didn't do anything. I guess I'll just have to leave them. Thanks
    PRS polish is not going to clean the patina from your pups. If you want it off, use some Maas.
    One Life