Thread: Belated XPRS 2012 NGD + NAD

Belated XPRS 2012 NGD + NAD

I brought both of these home from Friday at the Experience, but didn't get around to taking "beauty shots" of the guitar until this weekend.

I knew that I wanted one the Experience P22s as soon as I saw them, but there were so many cool ones to choose from, it was hard to decide. After I finally reached a preliminary decision, I went back to look at it one more time...and while checking out the tag, I discovered that this one also had a completion date of September 4 - my birthday! That clinched it for this "Autumn Sky" beauty:

It plays beautifully, and I am really enjoying the 53/10 pickups as well...they really do have a little Tele-style spank in addition to humbucker beef. The maple neck and ebony board probably contribute to that "snap", as well. And the piezo sounds wonderful...actually, it sounds slightly brighter and better than the piezo in my 25th Anniversary Hollowbody II CB (which is no slouch itself.)

And while I was at it, I also went for the matching 2 Channel "H":

Thanks to the good guys at Wild West Guitars for a great deal on both!

DAA

HOT. That burst is great - almost like it has a hint of the natural color in the center, and not too much red on the outer area.

Is there any difference between the pickups on this and the regular stock models? I thought I saw the pickups on the Experience models were some kind of special "Experience" pickups, but I never heard anything else about it.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    What do they call that burst? Perfect!
    1990 CE24 MT | 1991 CU24 | 1991 CE24 | 1992 CE24 MT
    1993 STD 24 | 1997 CE24 3pc MT | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 SE Akesson | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 S2 Mira | 2013 Hollowbody II
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2014 SE Zach Myers (incoming)

Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    Is there any difference between the pickups on this and the regular stock models? I thought I saw the pickups on the Experience models were some kind of special "Experience" pickups, but I never heard anything else about it.
    The Experience P22s have 53/10 pickups, but they are covered (unlike the regular P22) and the covers are engraved with "Exp 2012".

Quote Originally Posted by daa2202 View Post
    After I finally reached a preliminary decision, I went back to look at it one more time...and while checking out the tag, I discovered that this one also had a completion date of September 4 - my birthday! That clinched it for this "Autumn Sky" beauty:
    Cool! I got a birthday guitar, too - and September 4 is my wife's birthday!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I remember that one.
    It was one of my favorites.

Very very nice!!! Congrats! Love that burst!
    -Bob