Thread: Off line for a while - I'm looking at you James

Off line for a while - I'm looking at you James

I'll be off line while my Ravens beat up on James' Steelers.

I know Ben Roethlisberger won't be playing and as much as I dislike the Steelers, I have to give Big Ben mad props. The guy is tough beyond compare and he will be missed during this game. I hope he makes a quick and full recovery.

Good luck tonight! I had to leave my in-laws house before kick off as I'm assuming I'll be doing a lot of yelling.

You're off to a good start. Hopefully Leftwhich won't be wearing his invisible cloak for the entire game.

Can you have too many? Buildermike's Avatar
    Fugly Steelers uniforms again, James you're in for a long night even without Ben.

Chris Collinsworth is challenging Dan Dierdorff for the title of worlds worst commentator.

THe STEELERS better watch out for bird POO,while the RAVENS are on the field,as they be some tough ole birds!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Chris Collinsworth is challenging Dan Dierdorff for the title of worlds worst commentator.
    That is true, and Dierdorff was terrible, but Collinsworth always drives me nuts.

I'd take Dierrdorff. Collinsworth stinks on ice

Dan Dierdorf was my dorm neighbor my freshman year at Michigan (his sophomore year). I'd like to speak up and say that he's a very nice guy and does know his football.

I'd also like to suggest that if you ever meet him, you might not want to share your opinion of his commentary...

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Dan Dierdorf was my dorm neighbor my freshman year at Michigan (his sophomore year). I'd like to speak up and say that he's a very nice guy and does know his football.

I'd also like to suggest that if you ever meet him, you might not want to share your opinion of his commentary...
    I have no doubt he's a nice guy, you can tell that hearing him on the air, and he'd probably be a great guy to talk football with, I just can't stand him calling a game. And, he could also probably squish me like a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by David Eaton View Post
    I have no doubt he's a nice guy, you can tell that hearing him on the air, and he'd probably be a great guy to talk football with, I just can't stand him calling a game. And, he could also probably squish me like a bug.
    Yeah. Very hefty, strong man. Short fuse. But a decent guy.

Amen to that! And on a slightly related note, regardless of network/station/telecast, some of these commentators look like they get dressed in a pitch black closet. IMO, the combination of sport coat, tie, and dress shirt SHOULD NOT end up looking like a test pattern! What, did The Bay City Rollers and Slade have kids who all became sports commentators? I would never think of myself as being a style expert, but at least I know how to dress without looking like a zoot-suiter on acid!

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 11-19-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    Amen to that! And on a slightly related note, regardless of network/station/telecast, some of these commentators look like they get dressed in a pitch black closet. IMO, the combination of sport coat, tie, and dress shirt SHOULD NOT end up looking like a test pattern! What, did The Bay City Rollers and Slade have kids who all became sports commentators? I would never think of myself as being a style expert, but at least I know how to dress without looking like a zoot-suiter on acid!

Goldtop

You OBVIOUSLY did not grow up a Mets fan in the late '60's into '70's and see the wardrobe that commentator Lindsey Nelson brought to the ballpark on a daily basis. His "fashion sense" served as the basis for all future test patterns!

I think Deon Sanders has to get top honors for "Most Creative Dresser'

Football, maybe, but Sanders has nothing on Don Cherry.

Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner