Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I know this is a Korean made dragon. Can anyone tell me about this guitar?

So I know this is a Korean made dragon. Can anyone tell me about this guitar?

Hi,
    Just picked this up off a guy on the CL today his brother brought it back for him from Korea. I love the way it looks and sounds. I was curious if anyone knows some information on it and would be willing to share. Feel free to beat me up for buying a Korean one lol.

............................!

............................??????

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    ............................^^
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

Not a PRS/SE.....most likely a Chinese made fake. I hope you didn't pay too much for it.
    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

That's a fake/copy PRS.

This is the official PRS forum, hosted by PRS themselves. Do you really think this post belongs here?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinfan View Post
    That's a fake/copy PRS.

This is the official PRS forum, hosted by PRS themselves. Do you really think this post belongs here?
    Actually, maybe it does. Wouldn't it represent valuable information to those who need to learn how to differentiate between the real ones and the fakes? I hope the OP didn't get too badly ripped off....that being said, this could serve as valuable information to the less experienced devotees. Just my opinion...in no way endorsing or attempting to validate the fraudulent copy.

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    That's a fake/copy PRS.

Now that was mean. The poor guy was just told his guitar isn't genuine PRS...
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

That's a fake/copy PRS.

Yes.

Let the truth stand.
    One Life

I do believe my question belongs here. As i am completely aware this is not a real dragon. And i spent accordingly. But my confusion that having since made this posting has been cleared up was this a Korean version our what is it. My thanks to those that shared information!

Thanks! This its what i wanted to know. I was wondering if prs had a Korean line of remakes. kinda along the se thing.

This may have been purchased in Korea, but I believe it was probably made in China. It isn't an SE and it wasn't made in our US factory. An SE wouldn't try to fake the PS/ME eagle on the front of the headstock.

I'd be interested in seeing a photo of the back of the headstock if possible.

Thanks shawn i will get you a picture when i get home.

Here's a picture of the back of the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by kazanjion View Post
    Here's a picture of the back of the neck.

Wow! Nice effort.

Edit: Now keep your eyes on the road!
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

I'm sorry to tell you, this is an absolute fake. It is in no way affiliated with our SE line of guitars.

Good thing i didn't spend much lol! I hope this thread shows up in the google searches and stops someone else from getting hosed. Thanks shawn! And i will be buying a real prs!
    Last edited by kazanjion; 11-19-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Banned
    This was my first opportunity to see the photos, since my work computer blocks the images.

Just wanted to say that at first glance...I couldn't tell it was a fake. Can you guys with the sharp eyes and the ability to discriminate the real from the copied share those 'clues' that told you it wasn't real? From what I could see from my smart phone, the inlays look great and the rear of the headstock looks pretty good as well. Please share with us your secrets of uncovering the fake.

Top carve, headstock shape, input jack, squareyness of the bridge.