Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Prs store and very bad customer service

  1. #1
    Senior Member sleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    944

    Prs store and very bad customer service

    Business
    I ordered a few things off the Prs store. Not only poor customer service but down right ignorant.

    I emailed them a few times and asked about my order. They would ask what the order number was and that would be the last I heard from them. I then contacted Prs cs about it and told the store who I was emailing. I got a reply back very quickly saying they were just about to email me. It took two days if I was aware of taxes and import duties. Asked them to keep it the way it is because I've already paid enough for shipping after they had the nerve to ask for more money. Honestly, I think Prs should look in to another manufacture if this is how they want to business.

    Blowing off a little steam here. I work in logistics and this was totally bad customer service

  2. #2
    Senior Member Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by sleary View Post
    Business
    I ordered a few things off the Prs store. Not only poor customer service but down right ignorant.

    I emailed them a few times and asked about my order. They would ask what the order number was and that would be the last I heard from them. I then contacted Prs cs about it and told the store who I was emailing. I got a reply back very quickly saying they were just about to email me. It took two days if I was aware of taxes and import duties. Asked them to keep it the way it is because I've already paid enough for shipping after they had the nerve to ask for more money. Honestly, I think Prs should look in to another manufacture if this is how they want to business.

    Blowing off a little steam here. I work in logistics and this was totally bad customer service
    Maybe they couldn't understand what you wanted? It might help if you asked someone who speaks better English to help you compose your emails.

  3. #3
    Senior Member sleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Maybe they couldn't understand what you wanted? It might help if you asked someone who speaks better English to help you compose your emails.

    My English is above average however what I wrote above was from my phone. Sometimes auto correct takes over and messes up proper punctuation. My emails are still in the same format as when I was in the medical feild.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Michael B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Saratoga Springs New York
    Posts
    901
    Never had a problem with sullivan group, and I order lots from them. They have taken very good care of me.
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON

  5. #5
    Senior Member Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by sleary View Post
    My English is above average however what I wrote above was from my phone. Sometimes auto correct takes over and messes up proper punctuation. My emails are still in the same format as when I was in the medical feild.
    Punctuation aside, it was the poor grammar (Mine isn't perfect. ) and mention of import duties that led me to think you were outside the US and perhaps English was not your first language. I do apologize if I was mistaken.

  6. #6
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,840
    Since you said that they emailed you regarding import duties and taxes its obvious you are outside the US - so I think it was rather nice of them to reach out to you and try and make it work instead of just canceling your order since the Official PRS Store is for US residents only - international orders need to go through dealers.

    Here is a screengrab of the store front where it says "US only"..

    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    242
    Interesting. Appears that you can order apparel outside the US but not "hard" items like parts. Likely because the parts come directly from PRS and it would be a logistical hassle for them and the apparel comes from an external group that have processes in place to account for it. Anyway, I'm in Canada and have ordered a few shirts and such without any problems and excellent customer service. Obviously, I haven't any idea what this situation is about, hope it gets worked out.
    Last edited by WishICouldPlay; 11-20-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •