Thread: PRS Custom 24

PRS Custom 24

Someone I know is trying to sell me a Custom 24 PRS 2010. Every Custom 24 I've seen has bird inlays, this has dot/moon inlays. Did PRS Make (in 2010) Custom 24's with Dot/Moon inlays? - Thanks much!!

Thanks, confirmed my suspicion........

If you're in doubt, it's a good idea to post photos here, especially of the back of the headstock. If you can pull the neck pickup, even better! There'll be a MODCAT sticker in there (also on the case and/or hang tag) which can be decoded and tells you everything you need to know about the guitar.

I am sure I have seen Customs with moon inlays. It might have been some special order so I wouldn't rule it out that easily. Maybe is not from 2010. Do you have the Serial Number? As said before look at the MODCAT or contact customer support to get a better idea.

Sample
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store...78-i1707779.gc
    '96 CE-24 with Bird Inlays - VY | '91 CE-24 (road warrior) - VS | '06 SC Artist - Blue Matteo Satin | '12 Tremonti SE Custom | MESA Roadster

Don - Studio Musician cobrafast1's Avatar
    Yes, it's likely a Real PRS. I had one with dots (or moons as they were called) and not the birds back in the 1990's. It was a super guitar. I wish I still had it and had not sold it.

PRS did make some Dot (moon) necks. I paid $2,400 for mine and sold it 3 years later for $2,100. Not a bad deal for a used guitar.

Good Luck
    Last edited by cobrafast1; 11-22-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    PRS SE Semi-Hollow Body - Parker Fly Deluxe - American Fender Stratocaster
    Carvin Quad-X Amp - Carvin Tube 100 - (2) Roctron Intellifex - Gibson EchoPlex
    Mesa Express Pluss 5:25 - Marshall MG100HFX - Egnater Rebel 20 - DODFX54 Attacker - VFE Distortion 3
    Digitech Jam Man Solo.

I have a 2001 Custom 24 with Moon inlays. On the PRS website it indicates that Moons are standard and birds are optional.

http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/models.html