Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VINYL

Quote Originally Posted by solacematt View Post
    Actually Mellon Collie has always been very expensive. Original copies fetch up to 300.00. I'm glad that it's being reissued next week, I pre-ordered mine through Amazon for 40.00 Even though they're selling for a very high price it'll still probably sell pretty well I think.
    That it has, I guess what I meant there was excited to go out and buy a CD of Mellon Collie, or a digital download for that matter. I got my order in for just under $40 too. I'm guessing you ordered it on Canadian Amazon for that way cheap price? People have always been nuts about this album, it will sell extremely well, even at the high price. I'm excited to see the package in hand, it sure looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by hoofarted View Post
    That it has, I guess what I meant there was excited to go out and buy a CD of Mellon Collie, or a digital download for that matter. I got my order in for just under $40 too. I'm guessing you ordered it on Canadian Amazon for that way cheap price? People have always been nuts about this album, it will sell extremely well, even at the high price. I'm excited to see the package in hand, it sure looks great!
    Yep, so glad that I was able to hop on it that that price. I'm guessing your on the official SP board as well? Saving to buy a house right now, so anytime I can save a bit here and there is definitely welcome.
    SFL Onstage - My New Publication SFL Onstage 'Like' us on Facebook
    PRS McCarty Hollowbody, PRS Custom 24
    Mesa/Boogie Rectifier -> Rectifier Cabs -> Boss Tuner -> Modded Tremonti Wah -> DOD Gonkulator -> T-Rex Tremonti Phase Shifter -> Boss Digital Delay -> EHX POG -> eBow

My first collection melted in a house fire. I still have the second, which I spent a good part of a year making CD copies of.

And I bought a new turn table last week.

Sure...Mobile Fidelity. They still put out excellent stuff.

Yep, so glad that I was able to hop on it that that price. I'm guessing your on the official SP board as well? Saving to buy a house right now, so anytime I can save a bit here and there is definitely welcome.
    Can't say I am, but I'm a frequent lurker, occasional poster on the Vinyl Collective forums. Got the heads up over there.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Sure...Mobile Fidelity. They still put out excellent stuff.
    Yessir. Looking very forward to their upcoming repress of Weezer's "Green" album. Much like the Music On Vinyl label, MoFi can do no wrong.

Can't say I am, but I'm a frequent lurker, occasional poster on the Vinyl Collective forums. Got the heads up over there.
    ahh, well that explains how it became such a huge hit on Amazon.ca's site. Now it's looking like they're going to cancel orders again
    Mesa/Boogie Rectifier -> Rectifier Cabs -> Boss Tuner -> Modded Tremonti Wah -> DOD Gonkulator -> T-Rex Tremonti Phase Shifter -> Boss Digital Delay -> EHX POG -> eBow

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    I have a few pieces left here and there.. I have started buying vinyl exclusively if new music I want is released that way. It's so much cooler than a CD or digi download... Then, I rip it to the computer with my groovy Sony USB turntable!
    -Jon

"I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"

ahh, well that explains how it became such a huge hit on Amazon.ca's site. Now it's looking like they're going to cancel orders again
    Nobody is getting orders cancelled, however, it may take a while to get it, depending on when you ordered. Looks like they're shipping first come, first served. I'm patient, and for this price, I don't care if it takes a month to finally fulfill. Some folks on VC have mentioned switching their order to US Amazon. I don't have the time to call and make a hassle, but it may be a much quicker way to get a copy.

Nobody is getting orders cancelled, however, it may take a while to get it, depending on when you ordered. Looks like they're shipping first come, first served. I'm patient, and for this price, I don't care if it takes a month to finally fulfill. Some folks on VC have mentioned switching their order to US Amazon. I don't have the time to call and make a hassle, but it may be a much quicker way to get a copy.
    I've seen on the SP board that people have asked .CA if they can switch to US and they said that they can, but they can't transfer the discount if they get it from US.
    I ordered the vinyl and my GF got me the 5CD/DVD for Christmas, so I didn't mind downloading the whole thing since the band technically did get our money for both already. I'm onto "Here Is No Why" right now and this so far, this is the only track where I feel like I can hear a difference from the original. I have to review this mammoth for the next issue of my publication, so I'm taking notes, haha.

Makin' out on vinyl gifts already.

Uncle Tupelo - No Depression
    Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station
    Velvet Underground - Quine Tapes box set

Happy!

Pending weather tom'w, I'll be picking up my freshly tuned up turntable. And since it's right next door, I'll try to catch the Robert Johnson disc one more time.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I have... maybe 125 LPs in a box in the basement. Some rare Beatles ones, too.

Hope they dont warp down there...

I still purchase records and have a decent size collection of Heavy Metal,Blues and Classic Rock.....and I still own every one I have ever bought dating back to the early 70's....including 45's *Just scored a pristine Jimi Hendrix "Crash Landing" record for $7.00 at Skinnies Records in Norfolk,Va...
    PRS Guitars Endorsee (2008 Mira / 2010 Custom 24 / 2012 Limited Edition Top 10 P24 / 2013 Custom 24 / 2014 PRS SE Angelus Custom) and Signature Club Member... http://www.reverbnation.com/jdbradshaw http://www.prsguitars.com/artists/profile/jd_bradshaw/ https://www.youtube.com/user/ACACIAENTERTAINMENT/videos

Banned
    Still seem to have a few laying around.....

Not only do I have all of my albums, but I have a big box of 45s. Some of you probably don't know what those are.
    Sh*tter's full

You probably still have your collection of 78's too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    Not only do I have all of my albums, but I have a big box of 45s. Some of you probably don't know what those are.
    Steve...what do you think...we're stoooopid or something??

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    You probably still have your collection of 78's too.

Sh*tter's full

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Steve...what do you think...we're stoooopid or something??

Yep, got a box of those too.
    Sh*tter's full