Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Welcome to the forum!

Orange Tiger...thanks for joining...you'll really enjoy some of the guitars and humorous banter on this forum...ok, mostly guitars!!!

Thanks for the welcome guys

Thanks for the great welcomes to me as well! I already feel at home.......
    Yes........I have OCD!

Hello everyone. I am the Funky Chicken. I have been kicking around various communities including the original PRS forum/BAM/TGP for quite a while now.
    Abridged guitar history-
    Started playing in the late '70s as a teen. Went to Berklee in '83 and switched to Bass (more gigs). Always buying and selling guitars from the very beginning. Bought a CE24 in August 1995 as it came off the UPS truck at Sam Ash in White Plains, NY where Ralph Perucci ran the guitar department when I was a kid. Still have it. Bought a beautiful McCarty in 2001 and sold it a few years later-I was not really into set-necks at the time.
    While I have always loved my CE24, I wanted to build a diverse collection of guitars so I kind of drifted away from PRS. Bought and sold a few things, and now have nothing but keepers-still only 1 PRS. Most of my guitar money went to other things like wife/house/kid/etc.
    What brought me back to PRS was the realization that one of the few "holes" in my small collection is an LP-style guitar. I started looking into Les Pauls, fueled by a rediscovery of Jimmy Page and other guitarists from my youth. The only problem is that I am an old coot now and I am pretty sensitive about the kind of companies that get my money. I would prefer not to patronize the maker of the "real" Les Paul for various reasons you can probably figure out for yourselves.
    So...there will probably be a new PRS with one cutaway in my near future. I have a few in my sights right now. I am also real curious about whatever it is that Alex Lifeson claims to be working on with PRS, and I can see myself grabbing a few more PRSi to round out my wall.
    My other guitars right now (besides the CE24) are a Suhr Pro Series T1 in Sonic Blue, an EBMM Steve Morse model from the 2005 LTD run in Buttercream (one of two that Jack Gretz ordered, and I believe those to be the only two produced), a 2012 American Standard Strat, a couple of Taylor Acoustics (514CE and 454 CE), and a couple of basses ('93 Music Man Sterling and a VERY early Lakland 4-94 Deluxe, s/n 276).
    I live just outside Raleigh, NC and like to rattle the walls in the basement. No gigging right now-kinda over all of that.

Welcome funky.

Im a gen. X-er and started playing guitar in the early days of MTV. My first guitar was a Washburn electric with 3 single coils that I bought with a small solid state amp for $150 from Buddy Grays music in Tuscaloosa, AL in 1988. Went to a lot of concerts back in my day groups such as Ratt, Night Ranger, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, etc. I dreamed of owning a PRS for many years as I was a big fan of Ted Nugent and Alex Lifeson who both played PRSi at some time. Finally purchased my first PRS ( a late 90s swamp ash special) in 2002 which sadly I sold at some point later. My most recent PRS purchases are a 2 channel H combo and a 2010 Mira. I also have a 2003 Singlecut trem. I have recently started to play at some open jams and have been taking some lessons to learn some theory/new techniques.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    2008 CE22 MT- 2003 SCT - 2013 Tremonti SE custom - 2011 2 channel H combo - 2006 Chicago Blues Box combo - Arc effects klone - Fulltone OCD

hi everybody, i am new member here

Narrowfield Pickup Fan HANGAR18's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shengdiya View Post
    hi everybody, i am new member here
    Hi! Welcome!
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP

Hi, new member here. I'm in the market for my first PRS. Still undecided which model. Current favourite is the 408.

Hi BlueSky.
    You can't go wrong with a 408.

I became a PRS owner today. Im still a beginner so I can't make this thing scream yet.

I figured I'd get a used PRs first, learn to play, then get something sweet in the future.

Another is inevitable Hemlawk.
    Your first look plenty sweet to me.

Hey, another new member. Been a huge fan of prs guitars since ..... Forever. Been playing since I was 17 and never looked back. I wanted to play so bad my dad went ahead and bought an American strat as my first guitar. I know right? I promised him I would learn to play and stick with it. Obviously I did and I still have the strat. I have owned several other USA guitars that were made by the "g" company but never stopped dreaming of owning a prs. Some of my favorite players are mark tremonti, Alex lifeson, ted nugent just to name a few. In 2007 I made a bold move and sold some gear and bought my first prs, ce22 in whale blue. Loved that guitar and was very proud. 3 years later my wife ordered me my dream guitar, the tremonti. She ordered it in a quilt top in fire red burst. When it came in, the guys at the store said that it was a unique one piece quilt top and I was a very lucky man, for the guitar and the wife. Although I don't have the ce22 anymore, I recently brought home a 2013 custom 22 in makena blue. Bought it from the same store where the tremonti was ordered. I hope to expand my prs collection but for now it's all about enjoying playing music and sharing my passion for the prs guitar.
    Last edited by Falcon1; 01-28-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    2010 Tremonti II-one piece quilt-Fire Red Burst
    2013 Custom 22-fat flame-Makena Blue
    Orange amps

Welcome Falcon1.

Welcome aboard everybody!!!!!

Hi there, my daughter has been learning the guitar for a couple of years now and as she seemed to have a flare for it we got her a custom 24 SE (Spoilt, yes I know!). We were fortunate enough to attend an evening with PRS where she met Paul who was just great and signed her guitar. She tried a P22 and has decided that she now has to become successful enough to buy one of those in the future...

Anyway here is a video that she had posted a couple of days ago. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by Alfachippy; 01-28-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Loved that video, Alfa! Talented kid!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

hiya all i just joined, spent years trying to find the perfect les paul and decided there aint one so i bought this sc245 (in profile pic) job done !!!!!!!!!!

Sweet guitar Chris. Welcome. Nice to have you here. I love this place. I learn sooo much here.
    2012 SE Custom 24