Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

ok, i'm an idiot... how do you post pics ?

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karloff View Post
    It's all good. We all went though this once.

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...w-to-post-pics
    One Life

Hello! Was a member of Birds and Moons and joined here a while back but not been too active - figure I should say "Hi" properly!

In terms of 'me': I'm in my 30s, live in the UK, work in IT and have a moderate-to-serious obsession with guitars. Been in a few bands - initially original material stuff but now more on the covers side due to family/work commitments and - frankly - not having any time to write songs! Mostly play pubs/clubs but have done a couple of outdoor gigs - one to about 1000 people (mainly families - so lots of kids jumping around mentally in front of the stage which was cool!) at Fireworks night.

I was a long time Les Paul player (sacrilege!) and only really started looking at PRS guitars a couple of years back - having previously written them off as being for modern styles or metal only. I dunno, blame Nickelback ... Anyway, I relocated from London down to Bournemouth and joined a new band where we play anything from The Stones to Nirvana via the Sex Pistols and Green Day: heck, we've even got some Black Crowes in there. So, I started looking for more flexible guitars and had a fresh look at PRS.

I've had quite a few PRS guitars in that short time:

- Korina Standard 24 : Loved the wood, neck was too skinny for me.
    - 25th Anniversay SAS : I don't know why I sold this. Oh, wait, it was to get the McCarty Artist ... *fool*
    - 25th Anniversay Mira 245 Soapbar : Would have liked to have kept this for the sound but it felt too small and light. Wanna try a regular Mira one day.
    - SC250 : What can I say - my LP roots started calling! Bad move - lovely guitar but pickups/vibe were not me at all.
    - McCarty Artist Pack : Wow - this was an absolute stunner! Bought for looks/feel alone and lost my SAS in the process ... stupid, stupid ... nowhere near flexible enough ... but, oh, it was sooooo nice ......

So, as of just a few days ago, I'm now rocking a PRS 408 as my main guitar which seems to be perfect: feels and plays like the McCarty but has (probably even more!) flexible tones like the SAS. Very happy ... although I do kinda want a Frost Blue Metallic SAS Narrowfield to match, now ...

Gear wise, still got a couple of Gibsons (an SG and a Firebird) for 'vintage noodling' at home through my Bluesbreaker reissue combo and I run a Jackson Ampworks Newcastle 30 with my pedalboard for gigs.

So, why am I here? Like everyone else I want to drool and dream over Private Stock pictures but I like talking about anything gear wise, really: amps, pickups, guitars (obviously!) - just looking to shoot the sh!t with like minded folks.

Cheers,

Tolm
    2013 PRS Paul's Guitar, Copper Flame
    2009 PRS McCarty II, Tobacco Sunburst
    2014 Tone King Majesty 45 Head + 2x12 Cab
    Fulltone | MXR | TC Electronic | ZVex

Hello

My name is Scott. I am a member of a couple of other forums (cbh5150 on HC; PRScott at Mark Wein's).

I recognize Baimun

Anyway, I have owned several SEs and one Mira MT, which, for now, I still currently have.

Back to work; talk to ya later!
    AKA cbh5150 @ HC
    AKA PRScott at MWGL

Hey Scott, welcome!

Hello everyone.........This is Manisha.I am from Nagpur(India).I am working as a SEO in SEO company.I am a new user to this forum site.I would like to talk and share new ideas with my new friends on this forum site.I love guitar very much...........
    Thank u............
    <a href="http://www.pransoft.in"><b>SEO Service India</b></a>

Hi Manisha. Welcome to the forum.

Hello All, Just joined this eve. Have a '96 Custom 24 Whale Blue..Unplayed!..'till I bought it from a collector buddy a couple years ago. It has become my gig tool. Im liable to need any sound at a given time and this guitar has done a exceptional job and of course looking awesome all the while. 3 weeks ago on the job, kicking off a crowd pleaser, I stepped back and got clipped by my guitar stand. Now..Im falling backwards, going down. I bounced off the soundboard, into the drums, into the rack system and landed squarely on top of the drummers small mixboard. Some where in the fall I was forced to turn loose of my PRS. It remained strapped, but flailing around bouncing off about everything I hit. To most in the place the guitar player just disappeared, never mind the Jimi sound explosion goin on! Grabbed my Tele and finished the song/set. After action report wasnt that bad, couple of nicks, neck not broke or dinged. The next day the damage was worse under better lighting..ugh!..Some said it gives it character..I say..It had all the character it needed when it left the PRS factory! We are better now and the show must go on!

Hi
    I've been here since I got my SE Custom 24 for My Birthday last November
    It's since got a new nut and I've been using it exclusively ever since

Welcome to the Forum Gents!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Welcome to the forum all.
    Plank Owner

Wow, I joined already a year ago, no posts yet... Time flies.

Nevertheless, I have been able to catch some nice PRSi over the years since 2004 when I acquired the SC. I prefer my guitars in stock spec, however I've installed 5708s in the SC and Dragon1s in CE22, both been good moves. Thanks for the fellow ex-BaMmers for those pup deals.

Cheers
    Harry
    CU VY/MCROSIE/SC/AT IV/CE

I think we might need to prove ourselves worthy after a while or a number of posts
    before attaching pics
    Quote Originally Posted by Karloff View Post

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum chaps!

To post pics you need a free account with a photo hosting site such as Photobucket or Flickr.

Grab the link or address for the photo (Which should end in .jpg or .png)

When making your post click the picture frame icon directly to the left of the video and speech bubble icons and paste that link between them.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Quote Originally Posted by prscat33511 View Post
    I think we might need to prove ourselves worthy after a while or a number of posts
    before attaching pics
    Everyone can post images.

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...w-to-post-pics
    One Life

I really new here, just joined. I used to play in a (very bad) band in my teens, now when I'm rapidly heading for half a century I picked up the guitar again a few years back as a middle age project.
    The playing doesn't go very well, but I'm really good at accumulating gear! The first PRS was a Standard24 that a sales person persuaded me to try. It looked like everything I'd said I didn't like, but after playing it for three minutes I bought it. Now I have a few more, the latest should be here this week, I bought one of the P22 trems that PRS had at Frankfurt (the Makena blue one).

Glad to be here, you seem like a friendly bunch.
    Best,
    Anders.
    Last edited by Radar; 04-28-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Hi Radar, welcome aboard!

Love to see some pics of your PRS's!!!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Just joined this forum about a month ago...long time PRS fan and veteran of 2 PRSX's. Probably best to start with a pic....

IMG][/IMG]

Killer guitar.
    I am not a luthier but i am in my own workshop.
    https://www.facebook.com/driffguitar

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Hi guys its me Peter Robinson here, i'm runnig a trading business and have a family two kids, wife and me. i'm a bit confuse while choosing the favriute musiic collection for me some times a like rock, pop and some times a go to classic its all depend on my mood. Here i find very interesting things which develop interest for me to join you guys.
    Welcome to the forum, Peter! Where are you located? What kind of trading do you do?
    One Life