Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Hey Andy. Welcome to the forum.
    2012 SE Custom 24

Quote Originally Posted by lgk1208 View Post
    Hey Andy. Welcome to the forum.
    Hi, thanks

I've just gotten round to reading my COA and my Studio was built on the 20th September 2011 and it has a "Pattern Neck," whatever that is, and it has the word "Quilt" in the Special Order section. I don't know what that means either lol. I'll have to google it

Quote Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
    Hi, thanks

I've just gotten round to reading my COA and my Studio was built on the 20th September 2011 and it has a "Pattern Neck," whatever that is, and it has the word "Quilt" in the Special Order section. I don't know what that means either lol. I'll have to google it
    It means that you have a quilted maple top.
    I pretty much know what a "pattern" neck is but I can't explain it very well, so someone else will have to chime in on that one.
    Last edited by lgk1208; 05-31-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    2012 SE Custom 24

Hello all, I've been a pros fan for years and regrettably sold my USA models for money that I needed. I currently have an SE custom semi hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestormz View Post
    Hello all, I've been a pros fan for years and regrettably sold my USA models for money that I needed. I currently have an SE custom semi hollow.
    A nice SE.
    Welcome to the forum.

Hey all,

Long time reader, long time PRS player and Maryland native.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost40 View Post
    Hey all,

Long time reader, long time PRS player and Maryland native.
    Howdy neighbor. Welcome.

Hello all welcome to the forum.
    2012 SE Custom 24

PRS Addict
    Greetings from Argentina!

I became a PRS user this year actually, and i find them, the best instruments i've ever played! I'm the happy owner of the following: P22 - 513 25th - CU24 EXP2011 LTD - CU24 20TH - Modern Eagle Quatro

Greetings, newbie here. I pulled the trigger today on a new '13 Blue Crab Blue Hollowbody II. After running around to 6 different L.A. stores, I ended up ordering one from Sweetwater, via Ebay. Can't wait for it to arrive! This will be my first PRS and my first guitar in this price range. I've been playing since I was 13 (I'm now 63). I've had a variety of guitars over the years, but they mostly tended towards lower-to-middle-end instruments. My last 4 6-string electrics have all had piezo-equiped bridges, so in combination with my desire to have a semi-hollow guitar, the PRS Hollowbody II seemed like my dream axe. I've performed and recorded in a variety of venues over the years, including making my living at it for quite a few years, but these days my playing is primarily at church.

That's an impressive array of guitars Mercano. Welcome to the forum.

BuckyB, as you have proved, it's never too late to get that "dream" guitar. I thought I was late at 53 Welcome to the forum.

I've only been here a week myself so it feels a bit weird welcoming you guys

welcome guys

Hey Buddies.

I must have been really tired the other night when I made my introductory post. Somehow I made myself 2 years older than I actually am. I'm 61, not 63 (not that it makes any difference). Also, I stated that my soon to arrive Blue Crab Blue Hollowbody II is a 2013. Looking at a picture of the serial number, I see that the prefix is "12". Also, BCB is not a current stock color for the HBII. So I presume my guitar is a 2012. Was BCB a stock color for '12's I wonder? Originally, the FedEx ETA was Thursday the 13th, but now it's Friday the 14th. Boo! I also ordered a 10' dual 1/4" to dual 1/4" cord to split the outputs to (magnetic pickups) my HD500 and (LR Baggs system) my acoustic processor (currently a Zoom 504). I guess you could say I'm "chompin' at the bit". I see on the PRS website that they recommend an 11-49 string set with a wound 3rd. The bridge is adjustable, so I wonder why I couldn't just use the standard plain 3rd that comes with a set of 11-49 Elixers.
    Last edited by BuckyB; 06-14-2013 at 01:37 AM. Reason: typo

Please help

Which color? Prs se custom 24 in royal blue or tobacco sunburst?

Hi everyone.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Art and I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I own a Gibson LP Custom, a Gibson LP Slash Sig and an FGN Tele.

Last week my usual guitar shop took delivery of a PRS Santana Sig and I played it, immediately fell in love with it and I had paid a deposit for it.

So here I am.

Kind regards,
    art harun

Welcome Art.

Welcome to the forum guys. As per forum etiquette, you should post pictures of your guitars.

You're absolutely right and I will, soon. It came today and I played it for a few minutes, but have had to direct all of my energy today to replacing the kitchen sink, reversing the location of the disposer and all of the associated plumbing. I'm no plumber, so it takes me A LOT longer that it should. I just now got everything working again and am typing this while I take a little break. This I need to do the caulking and clean up the humongous mess I made in the process. After that will come guitar time. I also need to put another guitar hanger on the wall and take a family photo or 2. I'm definitely playing it at church Sunday. Bye the way, I'm amazed that the 11 strings actually feel just fine. I played 9's for years until maybe 15 years ago when I switched to a "hybrid" set. On the Agile LP copy, I started using 10's for the last couple of years, so I guess this is just a natural progression.

I'll have some pictures up within the week.

Thank you Shawn@PRS and Veinbuster.

Will post my guitar pics as soon as I learn how to do it.