Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Here ya go! Only have my crappy phone camera, but you get the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by badlp13 View Post
    Hey Gang, new to the forum but not to PRS guitars. I've got 6 in my collection and love them all. #6 was purchased last night and is my first Private Stock, I'll post pictures when I can. Looking forward to sharing the PRS love and have enjoyed looking at all the eye candy & info. Have a great day!
    Welcome.

Hi, I just joined the forum although I have been a PRS player for many years. Got a custom 24 in'89, one of the 10th anniversary models in'96 and a Santana III in '01, all of which I still have.

Quote Originally Posted by alanbass1 View Post
    Hi, I just joined the forum although I have been a PRS player for many years. Got a custom 24 in'89, one of the 10th anniversary models in'96 and a Santana III in '01, all of which I still have.
    Welcome.
    You seem to be on the 1 a decade plan - are you thinking of the next one yet?

Biding my time for something that moves me. .......

Hi,

My name is Gregory and I just purchased my first PRS guitar from Sweetwater today. Its a Dirty Blue Paul's Guitar. I am a retired and disabled Marine. I have numerous injuries to my spine that keep me from working, so I started to play guitar as something to help occupy my mind. At first, I just wanted/needed something to distract me from the heavy nerve pain that I must endure each day. Oddly enough, the multiple skills required to play does a great job of getting me out of getting so focused on the pain. So I have been playing since 2009 and it has become much more than just a means of pain therapy. It has become a fun hobby that is not only therapeutic but intoxicating. So in this journey being a Marine And as my wife says OCD it is only natural that I gravitate to the best guitars available. I look forward to being a member of the community and enjoying this truly amazing instrument.

Gregory

2013 PRS Paul's Guitar Dirty Blue Jean | 2009 Martin OM-28 Marquis
    2013 Mesa Boogie Express Plus 5:50 + Cab | 2013 Marshall AS100D

hello everyone. i own a prs se custom (korean) and i love it. after playing some at guitar center i fell in love with the feel of the guitar so i called around local guitar shops to see if anyone can order one in blue. i finally found a company that ordered it in blue. when i got the shop, to my surprise, it was a greenish blue. i thought it was going to be like a royal blue or even whale blue but this one is greenish blue with the horizontal stripes. anyway, i love the guitar! i joined this forum to ask one question. so i will go make a thread of my question now. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by USMC7312 View Post
    Hi,

My name is Gregory and I just purchased my first PRS guitar from Sweetwater today. Its a Dirty Blue Paul's Guitar. I am a retired and disabled Marine. I have numerous injuries to my spine that keep me from working, so I started to play guitar as something to help occupy my mind. At first, I just wanted/needed something to distract me from the heavy nerve pain that I must endure each day. Oddly enough, the multiple skills required to play does a great job of getting me out of getting so focused on the pain. So I have been playing since 2009 and it has become much more than just a means of pain therapy. It has become a fun hobby that is not only therapeutic but intoxicating. So in this journey being a Marine And as my wife says OCD it is only natural that I gravitate to the best guitars available. I look forward to being a member of the community and enjoying this truly amazing instrument.

Welcome, and thank you for your service!

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    Welcome, and thank you for your service!

Jamie
    + 1...BIG TIME!!!!

Welcome USMC7312 and nice score!

Hi There!
    My name is Cesar. I am the proud owner of a Custom 24 Red Fire and a SE 24 Tobacco Sunburst. I play the guitar since I was seven years old, graduated in the School of Music in Madrid ( Classic guitar ) - I play from Classic to metal, been playing in different bands but always in a non professinal way - I do other things for making a decent living :-) . I am a Spaniard living in UK for professional reasons.
    I am absolutely inlove with my PRS's , the Custom and the SE too. I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio ( 1990 ) , a Carvin Bolt ( 1985 ), a Spanish Alhambra 1984 ( fabulous guitar ), a Silent Yamaha, nylon ( an interesting " hybrid " ), an acoustic Takamine an my two PRS's.
    I am happy to find this forum and I am looking forward to learning a lot from all of you!
    Cheers,
    Cesar
    Last edited by Cesar; 09-08-2013 at 05:28 AM.

New to the Forum and PRS - I have long wanted a PRS back when I sold guitars in my early 20's - I am only half way there as I aquired a set of 53/10's. I put the cart before the horse because now I have to find the right guitar to put them in. Wish me luck! I apologize in advance for any dumb questions that I might post.

Andy

Welcome aboard Cesar and Andy!

Hi There people,
    My name is David. I'm from Sunny Morningside, Scotland and I've only just joined the forum... found it when i was hunting the net for pickups. I've been performing in bands for years now and although i've always been involved in the writing, I,ve always been the vocalist live. In the last year or so I decided to get back into playing the guitar for fun rather than just to be a writing tool. My friend (and lead guitarist in my band) introduced me to PRS guitars as he owns a 1991 CE24. I love the way the guitar sounds and it felt great to play... I became a PRS owner last year. I managed to purchase a gorgeous 1994 Custom 22 10 top in cherry sunburst. The guitar had HFS treble and Vintage bridge pickups (both uncovered) when i got it but i switched them out for a set of tremonti pickups. I sourced a set including a nickel covered bridge pickup and the guitar sounds and looks far better. I am well and truely bitten by the PRS bug. I just took delivery of my latest purchase... A McCarty 57/08 10 top in blueberry (133 of 150 limited run). The guitar looks amazing and feels great. I love the sound of the neck pickup for my clean tone but I think i'd prefert to switch out the bridge pickup for a tremonti. I love the way the guitar looks so I really need to find a nickel covered tremonti treble.... not an easy task, Think i was lucky to have found the last one.
    Anyway... I'm glad to finally be part of the PRS comunity.
    If any of you guys out there can point me in the right direction for the pickup i'm looking for, I'd really appreciate it.
    cheers
    David
    Last edited by DLJ; 09-08-2013 at 04:22 AM.

Welcome David.

Hi everyone!

I am Cayle from the Philippines. I recently purchased a 2013 PRS Bernie Marsden SE. It's a well built guitar that sounds great and looks great. I'm more of a Tele guy, but I love the spanky tone that I get from the PRS SE as well.

Welcome to the Forum Cayle & David!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Hey guys!

Hi,
    Im Nick from New Zealand. Just picked up a 1997 PRS McCarty -Haven't plugged it in yet but it looks and feels great. Needs a bit of a tidy up but I'm hoping it sounds great regardless!
    Cheers,
    Nick

Welcome Nick.