Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Well hiya. I joined like two weeks ago and then almost immediately disappeared. Church Camp was to blame, but I thought I'd Tell a bit about myself.

I grew up in and outside of Richmond, VA. lived out in the rural area for 5 years, and they were some of the best years that I have experienced, not that almost 19 years is a lot to go on. I started playing guitar at a bit younger than 15, when I was given a guitar by a family friend. I still have that yamaha, and am fixing it up to teach Dad a few things. As my music tastes spread, I began to notice that most lead guitarists were using one of three brands: Fender Tele's, Gibson LP's, and this brand I had never heard of called, "Paul Reed Smith". I instantly fell In love with these guitars on sight, and when I walked into my Cousins music store and saw a PRS Doublecut on the wall, I almost Screamed. My PRS looks a lot like the Red one in Mulli's Picture, having the same Headstock, Hardware, and Inlays(Can anyone tell me what those are called??), but has a Dark Green finish, Covered Humbuckers, and a wraparound Bridge. Ive been told that It sounds bad, and realize that I need a better one(luckily the birthday Is right around the corner), but I do and always will love that bad boy to death.

I moved to Lakeland, Florida right before my 17th Birthday due to My dads job transfer. I still live here, and love it(except for the heat). I now Play in my Church Youth band (Acoustic and sometimes bass), and when I found out PRS had a forum I was Like "YESSS other people who are obsessed with Prs like me!!!!" My obsession is so bad, I wont even buy or consider buying other guitars. I am an addict. Das pretty much it. Oh and Im a music fanatic. Im done.
    PRS SE Angelus Standard w/Piezo
    PRS Santana SE (Custom 22 w/Santana Headstock Inlay)
    Fender T-Bucket 300CE Acoustic-ElectricFender Mustang I
    Quote Originally Posted by gush View Post
    I'm in the"buy all the prs guitars you can afford" camp.

Hey buddy, welcome!

Welcome Johnyboy and Veradlindsey!

New member, old forum member ....

New here, but not new to PRS guitars or to the related forums. I bought a HB-II back in the year 2000, and a 1999 Archtop II in 2009, and have played and recorded with them ever since. My PRS GAS went dormant but re-emerged this year. I'd heard great things about the new 50-series pickups, so I got a pair of 53/10s and loved them in the Archtop. The GAS accumulation then exploded, and this year I got a 2009 PF-09 McCarty with 57/08s and then a Willcutt Ted McCarty DC-245. I was a very early member of the PRS Forum before it became The Gear Page, and was a member of the old Birds and Moons site before it closed. Here's a pic of some of the collection (check the TRCs for proof of old forum memberships!): [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Veradlindsey View Post
    Hello everyone! I am new in this forum. I saw you accept new members very positively. ...
    Welcome to our party!
    I love 24 frets: 4 X CU24s, 2 X Carvin DC127s, 1 X Schechter Omen 6
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v410/lindseyp/Axes/

Welcome all!
    Plank Owner

I'm Grant. Been playing since '74. Grew up in the Bay Area but lived in West Texas in the mid- 80's and stupidly did not buy any of the new fangled guitars from Maryland! Actually became a PRS owner two years ago via the acoustics. Fell so hard for the Tonares that I have three now, which of course led to a renewed interest in electrics so I now have an HB II, SC 58 and a 513. Been in the Pacific NW for the past 25 years.

Last edited by quake1720; 07-22-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Hi,

Signed up for this forum a long time ago, but this is my first post here. I am from Lithuania. In past I was working musician but last 15 years I work for a company that sells musical instruments in our country as a manager.
    I have 2 PRS guitars - one I bought last year, a 25th anniversary PRS Custom 24 in Fire Red Burst. Second, 25th anniversary SC245 in Smoked Black Slate (wthout body binding, according to my supplier its custom color, "one of kind" ). My guitars:

hey all - new poster from UK.

Hey folks! I'm new here from Canada. I've owned a Santana SE in the past and I'm considering a purchase of a Navarro signature. I have questions which I'll ask in a more appropriate forum... and after a bit of a site search to see if my question was already answered.

Welcome guys.
    Nice international representation lately.

Hey guys!

Some killer axes on this page. Congrats and welcome all!
    Plank Owner

Incompetent Hack
    I'm new! Just signed up. I used to visit the old BaM forum every now and then. I've got an Original Sewell 50-watter. It's awesome!

Hello, I'm new. I just joined the PRS club tonight with an SE singlecut. I've recently found some passion playing the guitar after a long hiatus focusing on bass.

Hi ya Coop! There are a few latent bassists around here, you'll fit right in.

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Hi ya Coop! There are a few barefoot bassists around here, you'll fit right in.
    Fixed it for ya.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Fixed it for ya.
    hippy.

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    hippy.
    I like showing off my feet now that Mintzer fixed my toes.
    One Life

Welcome!
    Plank Owner