Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Senior Member Todd_FindingMyWay's Avatar
    Hi everyone.
    My name is Todd, live in Hebron, CT with wife Michele of 20 years, and 2 daughters ages 15 and 19. (yes God help me).
    I guess I don't consider myself a 'guitarist' yet as much as I am a student. Next month, it will be my 3rd year of taking lessons. At age 44 I am relatively late to the game but hey, never too old right?
    My main guitar that I bought approx 2 years ago is a PRS (Grey) SE Torero which I love. I also have a Gretsch 5420T.
    So with those 2 in hand, I sit in the corner of my bedroom with a Fender frontman Amp and work on my Natural C scales, my pentatonics in all 5 modes, throw in a few songs and it makes me happy. Not sure I am ready for prime time but I certainly enjoy learning and being awed and inspired by people who know how to play this thing. :-)
    My other passion is motorcyles..I have a 2005 Honda ST1300 with which I have covered some serious ground on. (20 States, 3 Provinces and 108,000 miles as of this morning)

As far as music, Love love LOVE Rush! The complexity of the music just sweeps me away as well as we the skill at which they play..
    Also eagerly awaiting Alter Bridge's new album (and hope American tour)...Love all hard rock, heavy metal..

Looking forward to the forum, learning and sharing.

Thanks Todd.
    Last edited by Todd_FindingMyWay; 09-18-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Nice to have you Todd.
    Glad you found your way here.

Narrowfield P'kup Hoarder HANGAR18's Avatar
    New to the forum... Owned PRS guitars previously, off and on but sold each, (an original McCarty and an original version of the Mira) but I just bought a PRS Custom 24 brand new last night and I plan on keeping this one.
    I own other brands too and thought it would be appropriate to join each official forum representing the different brands that I own.
    I don't have a lot to say right out of the gate so I guess I will just lurk for a little while and try to get the feel of the place.
    Thanks for reading.

Welcome to several new members! Glad to have you guys on board! Lots to check out here, hope you enjoy it.
    ~ Matt

PRS Custom 22 | PRS Stripped 58 | Jackson Soloist XL | HXDA Head and 2x12 Stealth Cab

Narrowfield P'kup Hoarder HANGAR18's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekunda View Post
    Welcome to several new members! Glad to have you guys on board! Lots to check out here, hope you enjoy it.
    Thank you.
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP

Hi!!!

Another new member here. Just bought my first PRS, SE Custom 24, and really enjoy it. Lots of good information on this forum with plenty of insight into the company. Hope to talk to you guys soon. Thanks, Ron

Hi!

My name is Radek, I'm from Polnad. I've played on PRS Cu22( I had one with wraparound bridge, and one with trem) for several years, but six months ago I bought a tremonti model...And I fall in love. Great piece of guitar. Now, I'm waiting for next one
    I play in a band named "Venflon" - the latest album was recorded with Cu22 (dragon on neck position, and gibson 498t in brigde position) - left side(the right is Gib LP std).If You Guys, want to hear something, this is our Michael Jackson cover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2GhTWfCfGI

Thanks
    Radek

Hi,

I'm Marcel from the Netherlands. Learning to play guitar. Really ... not like you never stop learning the guitar, but entry level. But when you are learning you have to have a good sounding guitar, because then it motivates to keep playing. I bought a SE Custom Sem-hollow. Fantastic sounding guitar and comfortable. Had to sell it when I bought the Bigsby version, which was upgraded to the US Custom pickups so it sounds way better (and looks cooler too) and has the rotaryswitch for the splitcoil sounds, but it isn't as lightweight as the one without Bigsby. I absolutely don't regret it, but one day I will probably buy the ultralight semi-hollow again.

Also have a SE one. That one will visit the workbench. It's a very nice guitar as it is, but I've some ideas formy own build and what's better than to start with an excellent body and neck?

Welcome to all the new guys. Glad you're joining in. Looking forward to some new pics.
    Last edited by JustRob; 09-29-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Hello, I'm Andy from the, uk. I've got a terrible GAS problem....

Dad to the following babies: PRS PS #2126 CU22 Soapbar Solana Smoke Burst, PRS CU22 Artist Quilt vintage yellow, Gibson Les Paul CR8 Lightly Figured Sunrise Teaburst, Gibson CS Catalina Canary Yellow, Fender CS 1957 Relic Daphne Blue, EVH Wolfgang Special Natural Quilt, Lodestone Electric Artist Amber Quilt, Minarik Inferno, Minarik Medusa, Fender USA hard tail Strat vintage white, Jackson USA DK1 smoked cherry burst flame top, BC Rich Bich Perfect 10 spalted maple thru-neck, Fender Mexican 50's Esquire blonde, Gibson 1967 ES335 12 string, Gibson Midtown Custom natural, Gibson Les Paul studio ruby dot neck & plain maple cap, Ibanez SAS320EX w/ bare knuckles, terrible 'Gibson' Chinese knock off les Paul, Wesley guitars Freeport tele thinline set neck, & many more lovely little adopted ones that simply weren't given names at birth.
    Mesa/Boogie MkV Combo, Vox AC15HW1X hand wired, Mesa Boogie F50 combo, Budda SuperDrive 18 combo, Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker, Blackstar HT5, Fender G-dec3 30w, Fender Roc-Pro 1000 Combo.
    Pedals = lots.

I know, pics or it didn't happen!

I have a few good'uns, and thankfully a very understanding wife.

Welcome to all th new members. Stick around and join in, there are plenty of cool people hanging out here.

I'm new to the forum.
    been looking at PRS's for years and decided to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by lohanette View Post
    I'm new to the forum.
    been looking at PRS's for years and decided to buy one.
    Everybody does eventually.
    Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    Everybody does eventually.
    Welcome to the forum.
    This.

And welcome.
    Plank Owner

Wardog (Warren) currently hail in belleville, mi and have trying to play guitar for 7 yrs. now.!!! love every minute of it. Have always loved the quality of PRS guitars and the sheer beauty and art work that goes into them. I got a SE singlecut in Antique white as my first and love it. From there I acquired a frost blue DGT and at my first PRS experience this year I got a Studio!!!!! Just beside myself with happiness.

Welcome, Warren!

Thanks sergio!!!!

Name's Mike, I'm from Massachusetts, currently in the Army, stationed in Georgia. I've been playin guitar for 8 years now, had quite a few different styles of guitars. Started out with a B.C. Rich (terrible, terrible beginner's mistake), moved on to an Epiphone Les Paul, Jackson Dinky, Fender MIM Strat, Schecter C-1 Classic (excellent instrument), Ibanez 7 string, and finally decided to get what I'd wanted for years, the PRS SE Custom 24. I couldn't help myself when they came out with the semi carve top! The CU24 is my only guitar now and that's fine with me. I have to say PRS is my favorite guitar company, from the instrument quality down to the passion that you can just feel in the PRS community. I look forward to sharing my experiences with my SE on this forum as well as learn from all of you more experienced players!

Welcome to the forum guys!

Wow, Todd...good to have you here...you and I have a lot in common. Kids, PRS guitars, and Rush. None better in my eyes, either. you'll see Alex's name pop up only occasionally, likely because he's using all Les Paul's now, but if he goes back to favoring PRS guitars, he'd be all over the place!!! welcome aboard!!